AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering at what height are most mounting there plasmas at in a typical living room application

John

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
It's quite personal, but I like about 45" to center, My ears and eyes are about 41.5" at seated position.

Bruce

·
Registered
360 Posts
I vote for at or slightly below eye-ear level, but it is personal. Your environment may not accommodate that. For instance, if you try the popular above-the-fireplace location you would need to sit in a very high chair (unless you have a very short fireplace).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wonder what my Chiropractor would say?:)

Actually, she would probably love it if I put mine too high. It's be good for her business and bad for my neck!

I'm thinking perhaps making it 'no higher than my shoulder' when I'm standing up. That's just something I thought up. Any more ideas out there?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if slightly higher would be a real problem. When I am in coach patato mode, I have my head back on the coach and am in a slight reclined position, so I am naturally looking up at about a 10deg angle, not sitting up as if I was at a table. Also, I you can adjust eyes up 5 - 10 degrees as apposed to moving my head...... reason being as fizbin said.....I am going above the fireplace....

thanks all for the input......

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am no expert on this, but common sense suggests eye level centering.

Consider the ergonomic (sp?) issues. We have all heard of sitting properly at our desks to avoid the onset of certain injuries. The same can be said of TV viewing. If the screen is too high, then you will incline the head. Over time, this could lead to neck problems.

That being said, my requests for info on this from the forum have returned answers of 30", 36", and 42". The 30" would be consistent with eye level, but the presence of other uses suggest whatever the user is happy with.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Let your normal relaxed seating position be a guide.

Eye level or just below suits a normal office situation but certainly doesn't always match the position that a lot of normal lounge seating leaves you in.

We've had our plasma over the fireplace for about 7 months now and viewing is entirely comfortable without a hint of a neck or back twinge from anyone.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.