AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what y'all have your brightness and contrast running at ?0(30? 60? 90? fry?)

I know everyone is different , but I am a curious soul - a mention of the screen, and condition of tubes wouldn't go astray either....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Brightness will normally hover around the 60 mark if the projector is calibrated correctly.

Contrast can be anywhere between 40 and 75, and is adjusted to attain as close to just above 10FtL as possible. The variables are the newness of the tubes, the screen size and its characteristics and the room decor and lighting control.

Lots of factors to consider which just goes to show the numbers are irrelevant in a comparison discussion :)

Cheers

Russ

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Bout 60 for brightness, and bout 70 for contrast. My tubes are worn, and I am not sweating the contrast. I keep it "JUST" below blooming. It should never bloom, if at all possible.

NEC PG9 with a 92" WIDE 16:9 Silverstar.

Soon to be replaced with a PG9plus with a mint set of tubes.

Marc

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This brings up a point Im starting to notice more. Video cards are not running consistent between exact cards with exact settings so use a external reference generator to check first then reset to the actual card being ran.

The internal test patterns I dont use.

I have found brightness 60-70 and contrast 50-65 from the same model cards with the same settings. Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.