AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this on dvhs and can review the quality?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm sure you could've done a search and found out easily, but at any rate, it is reference all the way. If you like the movie, buy it. If you want a great demo tape, buy it.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
...yeah, but, where can you actually remit funds and recieve a copy? I can't find it anyplace.:confused:

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It's the best looking 1080i transfer from a 35mm film ever, hands down.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
It's the best looking 1080i transfer from a 35mm film ever, hands down.
Yeah! But, hardly anybody can find a copy. When I saw your name as a respondent I had high hopes you might know where to snag one. I've been able to track down the other hard titles that I wanted. This one evades me and sonar hasn't worked, it's a crafty devil from the deep.

How many Pesos to rent yours?;)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinuk
Rachael,

i have just seen it in stock at www.lasersedge.com for $39.99.

hope this helps.

Kevin
I was just there and couldn't find it. Boo whoo!:confused: :)

Art, that's one I might aqquire, thanks!:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
SNOW-CEDAR seems to be out of stock everywhere as well. I don't have it and at this rate, I may never have it. :(

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Rachel,

You have to treat every D-Theater release from Universal as though it is OOP on release day. If you didn't order it at that time then you just cannot count on it being available a few weeks down the road.

My original tape of Mulholland Drive had problems that I didn't discover for over a month because I didn't have time to watch it. I was sweating bullets trying to get a replacement since no one had it. WSR even showed it was out of stock and Bestprices listed it as discontinued. I put an order in with WSR anyway, and thankfully I had the tape about a week later and this copy was fine. People are having a hard time getting this one.

The only studio supporting D-Theater that seems to have decent availablity is Fox--though I don't know why WSR seems to be the only outlet selling Alien. I ordered my copy from Foxstore.com and had it in two days.

With D-Theater if you snooze you loose. I'm sure late commers to the format are having a hard time finding some of the older titles.

--Jerome

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Jerome, even some Fox titles are hard to find. I got ALIEN from their own .com today. I got MULHOLLAND DRIVE from Widescreen Review. I'm gonna go back and look again for U-571. I was in a hurry earlier today because I had an appointment. Collectively, all 3 suppourting studios are making it a bit too difficult me thinks. Furthermore, Dreamworks wants too much $$$$. But, hot dam, these tapes are like a drug to me! I did wait awhile before moving into D-VHS. By the time I was getting serious, I decided I wanted the second JVC player. My ambition, more releases willing, is to get about 50 titles to justify my 2 decks. We'll see...:)

Kevin, I'm off to Lasers Edge again to see if the fishes es bite'in. Seems like I bought a few LD's from them years ago...? Thanks again for the tip on the fish'in hole!:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
My ALIEN hasn't shipped yet. I'm worried they are out of stock. :(

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Kevin, I snaged it!:) For all I know it's the last copy on earth...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.