AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Scott,

What is UCC? (I assume its not Upper Canada College)

Karim

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went in for their sales pitch, but I didn't sign up. I noticed that it looks like they carry some Sanyo products, but they wouldn't get into what they had before signing up.

So, since I didn't sign up, I couldn't find out. The women I spoke to did sort of say that she didn't think they had projectors after I explained what they were.

·
Registered
248 Posts
UCC...(United Consumers Club).. we have been members of UCC for over 2 years. UCC is a private buying service which you have to join. The initial fee was $2700 and that included the first 2 years membership, thereafter it cost $159/year. You can buy items for about 30-40% of the retail and have to also pay 6% admin fee, tax and shipping. On most items we have bought we feel we saved about 30-40%. We estimated that if we bought over $8,000 of items it would pay for the initial membership and we would realize saving after that. Since we were planning on moving into a new home, we easily spent over $10,000 in new furniture alone. example. we bought a Toshiba HD TV 36"..retail $1,899..we got it for about $1,400 delivered. Friends of ours were building a new home and they "saved" over $8,000 when they purchased all the cabinets for their home. They also have bought all their appliances, carpets and furniture through UCC adding to their savings. Some people on here have reported their membership only costing $1,900. If your not planning on purchasing $8,000 or more, might not be a great deal for you. They do sell all the name brands but not every product that company sells. They sell furniture, carpets, lamps, appliances, electronics. and so much more. DO YOUR RESEARCH before joining. You might try doing a 'word search' here on AVS for I have seen others comment about UCC. Ask your friends, you'll be surprised who you find might already is a UCC member. (PS. I do not work with/for UCC, just so you know)...Ron AZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.