AVS Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1978 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,921 ·
Also recently started getting the dreaded UE22 on my SC-65. No help from Onkyo/Pioneer either. Was given the standard the program has ended email.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just swap the board with the DSP out for a replacement board? I'm good at soldering but have never done a chipset before or have the correct equipment do to so.

If there's a replacement board, does anyone know the part number(s)? Thanks!
I would suggest you contact Onkyo and see if they still have parts available for your model. However, you may have to pay full cost.

All the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
updated Chipsets LX SC86

Hi Edllguy, I have a question, if you could answer it for me. I have this LX-SC86 model 2012 with the typical error UE22, I have bought both DSP upgraded chipsets D808K013DPTP4. Do you think, when I replace them for faulty D808K013CPTP4 chipsets on the original main digital board, should it work?

Thanks for answer.

R.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,923 · (Edited)
Hi Edllguy, I have a question, if you could answer it for me. I have this LX-SC86 model 2012 with the typical error UE22, I have bought both DSP upgraded chipsets D808K013DPTP4. Do you think, when I replace them for faulty D808K013CPTP4 chipsets on the original main digital board, should it work?

Thanks for answer.

R.
Hello Rado Hajdu,

From what has been shared on this thread by other affected owners is that most had difficulty getting it to work after replacing with updated chip-sets. They have also shared that they tried to upgrade the firmware with the defective chip-set (prior to newer chip-set replacement) which may have corrupted the firmware and made it difficult to work with updated chip-sets.

If you have not tried to update firmware and install the newer chip-set yourself and it works, then this is good news to share on this thread. However, you will have to decide if its worth taking that risk by following that path.

I rely on reports and feedback to get accurate information to post on this thread. Sometimes I need multiple reports to make sure of its accuracy and authenticity.

All the best. Let us know the outcome.

Thanks

Edit: I'm hoping that eventually the knowledge and skill set to reprogram the firmware on the updated newer DSP's will be shared and posted on this thread. I believe it will happen...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, My Pioneer SC-67 finally bit the bullet with the dreaded UE22, and no sound :( Tried resetting it, but no luck.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been experiencing a LOUD garbled up static kind of noise on my Pioneer Elite SC-67 receiver! It happens when the following is occurring:

• Switching HDMI inputs
  • The HDMI source, is ON, playing some audio of some sort
  • The noise continues for 20 sec-1min, THEN a BIG BANG noise, and then it's totally fine!
  • Video is perfectly fine
Interestingly, the noise sounds DIFFERENT on different sources, like the noise on my cable box, sound diff than when I switch to XBOX.

1. Is this UE22? I do NOT have an error message. After the noise goes away, it works fine
2. Is Pioneer fixing these problems or not?
3. Since I still have sound, is there something I could do, preventing this from getting worse?
4. Can I buy a board and replace myself? or can I buy the chip?
5. Any other solutions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
How do I check the manufacturing date of my SC-67? Mine was bought in Feb. 2014... I read that TI chips on builds AFTER March. 2013, are the newer version... my unit is developing HDMI Audio issues ONLY when switching, but NO UE22 error! It outputs a loud noise when I switch that goes away after a while... IS THAT the same issue or something else? Anyone could chime-in please?!

·
Registered
263 Posts
How do I check the manufacturing date of my SC-67? Mine was bought in Feb. 2014... I read that TI chips on builds AFTER March. 2013, are the newer version... my unit is developing HDMI Audio issues ONLY when switching, but NO UE22 error! It outputs a loud noise when I switch that goes away after a while... IS THAT the same issue or something else? Anyone could chime-in please?!

Hi guys,

I've been experiencing a LOUD garbled up static kind of noise on my Pioneer Elite SC-67 receiver! It happens when the following is occurring:

• Switching HDMI inputs
  • The HDMI source, is ON, playing some audio of some sort
  • The noise continues for 20 sec-1min, THEN a BIG BANG noise, and then it's totally fine!
  • Video is perfectly fine
Interestingly, the noise sounds DIFFERENT on different sources, like the noise on my cable box, sound diff than when I switch to XBOX.

1. Is this UE22? I do NOT have an error message. After the noise goes away, it works fine
2. Is Pioneer fixing these problems or not?
3. Since I still have sound, is there something I could do, preventing this from getting worse?
4. Can I buy a board and replace myself? or can I buy the chip?
5. Any other solutions?

Thanks

It could be, mine started about 3 months ago, by having intermittent audio drop outs on all sources, then a few weeks ago, it started displaying the UE22 error, and now it's dead silent on all sources. (purchased 2014)

PS, I was quoted $700 for the repair if they can get the parts, but I've decided to put that money towards a new receiver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It happened. Last week my Pioneer VSX-1122K showed me the UE22 error followed by a loud buzz (like a feedback from a microphone). After 5-10 power down and power up cycles, it no longer shows the error and can be used for now, except when you try to play a DTS source, then it makes some horrible loud noise.

I won't even bother with repairs because an upgrade was long overdue anyway. The 1122K doesn't support TrueHD/Atmos anyway so I'm getting a VSX-934 as a replacement.

RIP, 1122K. It served me well from December 2012 until September 2020 during its daily 12+ hour service.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks to this forum, in early 2019, I was able to send my father's Pioneer SC-57 away to the city for repairs via postal mail(just snuck under the weight limit), using the UE22 repair program. It returned and has been working well with regular use for the last year.

Well, now my personal reciever...a Pioneer SC-61 is beginning to flash the dreaded UE22. If I turn it on and off 3 to 7 times, it eventually shows the speaker channels and ue22 goes away, makes some awful noises as the channels blink and cut in and out(I keep the power amplifier off until it warms up and steadies itself, to avoid the undesired noises on the speakers).

And I come back here to find the program is over :(

I miss the days when a reciever would last 20 years or more

Pretty pissed they aren't fixing their flawed receivers anymore.

I will not be buying pioneer ever again

That being said, now that my hand has been forced, it's time to upgrade to hdmi 2.1 for the future ps5 days ahead ;)

I'm eyeing up the new yamaha adventage RX series coming out shortly. Denon avr-x3700 or Marantz SR6015 are other choices

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks to this forum, in early 2019, I was able to send my father's Pioneer SC-57 away to the city for repairs via postal mail(just snuck under the weight limit), using the UE22 repair program. It returned and has been working well with regular use for the last year.

I will not be buying pioneer ever again

That being said, now that my hand has been forced, it's time to upgrade to hdmi 2.1 for the future ps5 days ahead ;)

I'm eyeing up the new yamaha adventage RX series coming out shortly. Denon avr-x3700 or Marantz SR6015 are other choices
Hi. Did you go through Onkio repair program? Is it still running?
I always had Pioneers, but bought a Denon x2600 a few years back and not really happy with it: the sound and overheating, it's running very hot and imo doesn't push out spec. wattage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi. Did you go through Onkio repair program? Is it still running?
I always had Pioneers, but bought a Denon x2600 a few years back and not really happy with it: the sound and overheating, it's running very hot and imo doesn't push out spec. wattage.
The repair program ended in 2019

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. I have some good news. I just had my SC67 receiver repaired at a repair facility in Toronto and they replaced the HDMI board with the updated DSP chips. He updated the software and it is working as it should. They are an authorized Pioneer repair shop so as soon as I told him the problem he starting explaining how it needed a new board with updated chips, the boards are getting depleted but he had some in stock. Hopefully another 7 years without problems.

Reactions: Edllguy

·
Registered
1 Posts
After doing my research and contacting both Pioneer and Onkyo, the program has ended and will not remedy any new issues for the same. This was my response to the company after being informed this.
So this was a documented manufacturer defect in the Pioneer product, pioneer knew about this problem, had a program to fix these receivers, and to this date is no longer honoring and making good on this defect? What about the loyal customers that trusted in the Pioneer brand for years and are now just experiencing this problem directly related to their defect? Sorry, we are just out of luck? As a worldly recognized name in audio, Pioneer should be ashamed of themselves. Its not like the receiver was being tossed and kicked around the room. I took great care in my audio and was proud to display the name Pioneer. Now the receiver is absolutely no good to me, and as one person on a forum said “it is nothing better than a boat anchor”. Thanks for nothing Pioneer. I will give the company a chance to respond to this email, but unless they make good on their defected product and reinstate the program, they have lost a loyal customer and are dead to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My SC63 has been displaying the dreaded UE22 error since May 10th. I was able to give the AVR some warm up time and it would work fine for the remainder of the day. Sadly this warm up time has steadily increased and yesterday it took nearly 8 hours before the AVR was functional. Looks like it has finally died. I have reached out to Pioneer to see if I have any chance at repair. I am not holding my breath. Really sad that a company won't stand behind a product with known defective parts.

EDIT: I reached out to Pioneer USA for support and was directed to Eleven Trading Company. Below is their response. I am sure nothing will come of this but I had to try.

Hello Mathew

Effective January 1st, 2020, the special Customer Care Program has ended.
The program has been in place for several years; however, it was time to bring it to a conclusion.
Here is the option that we recommend:
If you would like to have your unit serviced, please use this link below to locate your closest authorized service center:
Due to the age of the receiver please contact the authorized service center to see if parts are available to repair the receiver.

The receiver will have to go to our service center for repair our parts department will not sale an internal part to a customer or unauthorized service center.
Service Centers | Onkyo USA
Jose
Customer Service Representative

ONKYO | PIONEER | INTEGRA | ELITE

I followed up with the following response.

Jose,

Well **** I had worried that would be the response. Certainly sad that products with such a well documented defective part has a time limit on repairs. If I had known this at the time of purchase I would not have purchased Pioneer.

In case Pioneer and its affiliates are not aware you can find a rather lengthy thread at AVS Forum. URL: UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening?.

It would be nice if Pioneer and their affiliates reversed their decision and allowed at the very least a one-time repair for all units sold with the defective TI DPS chips.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi all. I have some good news. I just had my SC67 receiver repaired at a repair facility in Toronto and they replaced the HDMI board with the updated DSP chips. He updated the software and it is working as it should. They are an authorized Pioneer repair shop so as soon as I told him the problem he starting explaining how it needed a new board with updated chips, the boards are getting depleted but he had some in stock. Hopefully another 7 years without problems.
Where'd you send it & how much was the repair? I'm going to get a new receiver, but maybe I can get my SC-1526 repaired & sell it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where'd you send it & how much was the repair? I'm going to get a new receiver, but maybe I can get my SC-1526 repaired & sell it.
I brought it to Northstar Electonics in Markham Ontario. David was great and even followed up a few weeks later to make sure everything was ok. You would have to call them. A gentleman was getting an SC57 HDMI board replaced and it was more than mine. I paid 600 to get fixed but I am not able to upgrade at this time so fixing it was better than getting a cheap replacement.

I actually had a friend give me an older Harmon Kardon amp and I was so happy to get mine back lol. It really sounded terrible compared to the Pioneer. Give them a call and hopefully they have the board for you.

Reactions: Edllguy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, my VSX-53 bit the dust and, of course, I hadn’t heard about the replacement program until after it was over.

For $600 might as well just buy a new 4k120 receiver whenever they come out.

But my real question is what to do with my dead receiver. Anything better to do with it than chuck it/recycle it?

1921 - 1940 of 1978 Posts