AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !
This may sound like a completely dumb question, but I want to make sure I don't do something stupid to harm my new house jewel.
I come from a P50ST50B plasma, which has developed image/plasma burn from captions and logos - a fact that broke my heart. I loved my plasma panny, but I am technology OCD and so, after lots of search, I bought the HU7500 4K Sammy to replace it. I love my new TV, and I am ecstatic with it. But do I need to 'burn it in' somehow, like one does with Plasmas?
Additionally, my mum, when visiting which is rather frequent, watches her shows with the TIVO black caption on (black background, letters on the front). SHe watches an hour-two every day. This affected my Plasma badly in the end, and I don't want this to happen to this Sammy by ANY means.

Is there any real danger of this causing damage to my LCD/LED display?

Once more, sorry if the question is stupid.

Many thanks for taking the time to read :)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Hello !
This may sound like a completely dumb question, but I want to make sure I don't do something stupid to harm my new house jewel.
I come from a P50ST50B plasma, which has developed image/plasma burn from captions and logos - a fact that broke my heart. I loved my plasma panny, but I am technology OCD and so, after lots of search, I bought the HU7500 4K Sammy to replace it. I love my new TV, and I am ecstatic with it. But do I need to 'burn it in' somehow, like one does with Plasmas?
Additionally, my mum, when visiting which is rather frequent, watches her shows with the TIVO black caption on (black background, letters on the front). SHe watches an hour-two every day. This affected my Plasma badly in the end, and I don't want this to happen to this Sammy by ANY means.

Is there any real danger of this causing damage to my LCD/LED display?

Once more, sorry if the question is stupid.

Many thanks for taking the time to read :)
No stupid questions, we are here to learn, sorry to hear you got IR from your plasma. Some are affected more than others for some reason. You will be fine with your LCD, no BI/IR to worry about. No need to break it in just enjoy and use proper settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts