AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Look Home Entertainment will release UFC: Ultimate Comebacks on Blu-ray, November 18th, 2008.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I thought UFC was only shown in SD...?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan /forum/post/14267322

I thought UFC was only shown in SD...?

Many of the last UFCs have been broadcast on PPV in both SD and HD versions. The HD version costs $10 more to watch, channel 98 on DirecTV.

Lee

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually UFC has been filming in HD for at least a year now. I believe it's actually closer to two. All of their PPV's in recent memory have been HD available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think they've been filming in HD since UFC 48 back in June '04 and used to air some of these events on HDNET.

They began offering live PPV broadcasts in HD starting with UFC 67 in Feb '07.

You can also download about 150 fights in 720p from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just got this in the mail today from Amazon for $16.99 shipped. Also to brag, my 1 year Prime membership was expiring and I didnt want to renew just yet so I had this DVD on preorder and even though Prime shipping expired 2 weeks ago, I got this for free 2 day shipping because I pre-ordered while Prime was active
(Also preordered Batman and a couple others over the next 2 months so hopefully I wont have to repurchase Prime until next year)

I am far from an expert but I would rate this as Tier 0 or Tier 1. It looks incredible. I think they only broadcast it in 720p or 1080i on satellite and I am used to watching it on a 60inch plasma at my gym from about 15 to 20 feet away.

I watched this on my 40" 1080p display from 6 feet away and it blew me away. I would definitely buy more UFC blu rays at this price point just for the quality.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
I watched it the other day and I must say that it is definitely tier 1 for video quality. You have not seen anything until you have seen someone get their face smashed in on Blu-ray!

If you love the UFC then this disc will be your prized possession! The fights they chose to include were astonishing! This is definitely a keeper!

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
I watched it the other day and I must say that it is definitely tier 1 for video quality. You have not seen anything until you have seen someone get their face smashed in on Blu-ray!

If you love the UFC then this disc will be your prized possession! The fights they chose to include were astonishing! This is definitely a keeper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts