AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an Ill-conceived installation fantasy, i have to run 50ft of cable from my sony strede-895 receiver to my new panny6uy. Only Now, do i realize the financial mess i got myself into. So i am hoping some more experienced souls can double check my thinking.

I cant afford the Monster M1000cv Component Video Cable - 50 ft. piece which i found @ 500bucks.

Which leaves me with the 50ft SONICWAVE COMPONENT VIDEO INTERCONNECT BNC for 219

or

Better cables Silver serpent on the bettercables site is 379 which is definitely at my limit (though tvauthority.com lists it for 319)

I guess i need 50ft of svideo as well for the other non composite sources that im running into the sony.

Am i on the right track? Are there any other cable sources out there?

thanks in advance, chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bluejeanscable.com. Belden 7710. You are not going to get better cable than that. It is what studios use. $170 for 50 feet from them. You might check what Markertek wants to terminate some for you as well. You will want Canare RCAP ends and I believe you will have to go with Canare cable as well (it has the same specs as the Belden), but it might be cheaper at that length.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Markertek.com sell lots of pre-terminated lengths of broadcast quality Belden for prices down around $2 - $3 per foot. Every program or disc you watch has already travelled over lots of this very cable, so why would anyone pay those rediculous prices for Monster et al.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Use standard RG6 coax cable. You can buy it by the spool. It's easy to crimp on F connectors, and you can buy F to RCA adapters.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've had excellent luck with pccables.com. Purchased a long cable for my projector from them for my projector about a year ago. 50' component (5 RGB w/RCA adapters) lists there at $65.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.