AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I'd hardly say that's "not so great" considering how successful Blu-ray has been, especially when you consider that streaming is a more viable competitor today than it was at Blu-ray's launch.
You certainly have a valid point there. On top of that, surely streaming is cannibalizing a bit of sales.

As a side note, i've butchered the spelling of cannibalizing so bad, my mac couldn't even figure out what i was trying to type.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Banned
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
That crap is clearly a get-rich-quick scheme from Russian organized crime. At $232 + some change for foreign transaction fees and a non-secure checkout process to get the software, the writing is on the wall. They can keep it going for maybe a month before they disappear into the ether.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
That crap is clearly a get-rich-quick scheme from Russian organized crime. At $232 + some change for foreign transaction fees and a non-secure checkout process to get the software, the writing is on the wall. They can keep it going for maybe a month before they disappear into the ether.
So they set up a fake group to add fake hdr to a Blu-ray and upconvert it.

Then make a crappy VB program to sell for 199, and probably cite that fake crap as proof.

Glad America actually has laws, although I’d be much richer without them.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Gotta pay for the development somehow. The trial version works as advertised, but I can't swallow the $200 price tag quite yet. Progress is progress! :D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Gotta pay for the development somehow. The trial version works as advertised, but I can't swallow the $200 price tag quite yet. Progress is progress! :D
Yep, it does work. All the ones that it can rip are here. You need to create an account to see and dl with usenet.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
If the trial does work I think it might be the real thing, As to why the license is expensive? In my opinion I think they want to have a big chunk of money so if they get sued and they will be, at least they can pay up rather than go to jail. But then it's Russia so they might be ok.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys

I´m about to receive an LG BH16NS55 and start my journey on the UHD ripping world.

Would like to use it as an external unit though, can you recommend a SATA-USB 3.0 cable that actually works with this one?, sure some of you are running this setup.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hi guys

I´m about to receive an LG BH16NS55 and start my journey on the UHD ripping world.

Would like to use it as an external unit though, can you recommend a SATA-USB 3.0 cable that actually works with this one?, sure some of you are running this setup.

Thanks!!
I don't know of a cable but I use an old external USB 2.0 sata 5.25" OCZ enclosure and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Guys I have tested a few media player for playing this UHD ISO files and so far the best I have come across is the Egreat Line A5/A10 and A11.
Its handles every UHD ISO I throw at it with full Menu and also support DTS:X and DOLBY ATMOS.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see this thread has gone 'quiet' and that's a shame. I JUST stepped into the UHDBD world. I ripped and burned 2 UHDBDs to BDXL discs and my UHDBD player gives me a "check disc" error.
They play fine on my pc from my UHDBD drive - they burned fine using ImgBurn to the BDXL - so based on this August post - does that mean only certain UDHBD players will play BDXL discs?
Unknown territory my friend.

I had 2 Sony X700, one didn´t read BD XL, the other read them, but failed when reaching the 2nd layer.

Now i have ordered a LG UBK90, which it is supposed to work fine...i´ll report back.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Unknown territory my friend.

I had 2 Sony X700, one didn´t read BD XL, the other read them, but failed when reaching the 2nd layer.

Now i have ordered a LG UBK90, which it is supposed to work fine...i´ll report back.
From what I've read on-line (and I've read a lot) - that model should play the first 2 layers only. No BD XL >66gb.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
4 years later and after most of us have moved away from optical media to streaming and HDD storage, Is it possible to author an UHD video format on a BDXL disc and able to play it back on a home UHD player? or copy a UHD disc image on a BDXL disc and play it back successfully?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I still use optical media and I have not heard you can put an UHD image on a BDXL dics and have it play....yet....If you do find out - let me know! I have put UHD on a dual-layer BD.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Oh, so it's the other way around, You can backup a UHD disc on a disc but you can't play it back on a commercial UHD player.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Oh, so it's the other way around, You can backup a UHD disc on a disc but you can't play it back on a commercial UHD player.
I backed up a UHD disc that was under 50GB to a standard BD-DL.

681 - 700 of 700 Posts