AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Feb schedule for UHD is MIA. March is up, though. I see 2001: A Space Odyssey is on tap, which is cool...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
There is a forum on the UHD site with a discussion of miscues in the schedule (although no one has complained about this most recent gaff). They say though that the site is being re-done, and surmise that some glitches are occuring as a result. The bottom line seems to be that their webmaster is asleep at the switch.

The first half of the February schedule is on Titan TV. I'm curious as to why they skip BSG on the second Saturday in February, replacing it that day with a program called "Virus."

·
Registered
21,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneily /forum/post/13016035

There is a forum on the UHD site with a discussion of miscues in the schedule (although no one has complained about this most recent gaff). They say though that the site is being re-done, and surmise that some glitches are occuring as a result. The bottom line seems to be that their webmaster is asleep at the switch.

The first half of the February schedule is on Titan TV. I'm curious as to why they skip BSG on the second Saturday in February, replacing it that day with a program called "Virus."

TiVo's program guide, which they get from Tribune Media Services, has UHD program information through 2/12, which is as far as the guide goes for any channel as of today.

I have come to appreciate UHD, particularly their uncut movies, which look beautiful, are shown with limited commercial interruptions, and no popups. TNT could take some lessons.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugazer9 /forum/post/13013985

The Feb schedule for UHD is MIA. March is up, though. I see 2001: A Space Odyssey is on tap, which is cool...

Seems to be up and working just fine now.

·
Registered
18,843 Posts
It's unfortunate that UHD's presentation is mostly unwatchable- constant commercial breaks, pop-ups, occasional edits, screwed up sound mix (forced 5.0DD), cropping, etc.

It's really unfortunate now because they are finally starting to consistantly show good movies. Why couldn't they have done this 2yrs ago?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/13038399

It's unfortunate that UHD's presentation is mostly unwatchable- constant commercial breaks, pop-ups, occasional edits, screwed up sound mix (forced 5.0DD), cropping, etc.

It's really unfortunate now because they are finally starting to consistantly show good movies. Why couldn't they have done this 2yrs ago?

Actually, if you give them another chance, their sound is now proper DD5.1 in recent movie acquisitions (Ferris Beuller's Day Off was one).

And if I'm not mistaken, most (if not all?) of their films are shown OAR.

Scott

·
Registered
18,843 Posts
Their movies are still forced DD5.0 for the most part. Wayne's World was definitely a forced DD5.0 mix.

They occasionally show an OAR movie, but not as often as they used to- usually it's OAR for the credits and then crops right after.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe they are paying for the better movies with the commercials...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/13041348

They occasionally show an OAR movie, but not as often as they used to- usually it's OAR for the credits and then crops right after.

Actually, I've watched many movies on UHD but have never seen this happen. On HBO, Cinemax, and Starz, yes, but never on UHD. Seems to me to be OAR all-the-way.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat /forum/post/13016216

I have come to appreciate UHD, particularly their uncut movies, which look beautiful, are shown with limited commercial interruptions, and no popups. TNT could take some lessons.

Think we may be setting the bar a bit low here. UHD used to be a favorite of mine a few years back (almost as good as HDNM), but the recent inclusion of commercial interruptions changed that for me. Now, my new second favorite channel is MGMHD. Wow - now that is the way HD movie channels should be done.

I hope I'm not the only one, but no matter how flawless the HD presentation is, I have no tolerance for a commercial interruption every 6-9 minutes and huge constant reminders of what's on next while I'm still trying to watch the current presentation. Nope nuh-uh no way - I would gladly pay a premium for no-commercial, no-bug, movie networks, preferably in pristine OAR HD. Charge me please - don't break up my preferred movie network presentations with commercials.

BTW: Please bring on TCM-HD!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts