AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NHK has been able to create UHDV, using a specially designed camera and projector:

Quote:
Some viewers even experienced nausea because of the ultra realistic visual effect of speed without the usual physical sensation of movement.
Full Article

The drawback? A two hour movie would need 23 terabytes of storage.

Time to upgrade again!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
32 Megapixels , but not rgb pixels just pixels.

Go back to the drawing board !!:D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Pretty cool. BTW, the company is NHK. When I read the post, first thing that came to mind: "The guys that make spark plugs ?". :D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doh, thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it now :)

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
They didn't mention refresh rate. Unless they have increased that to 60fps or so, they can keep the ultra-high resolution.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Is there a download link for the video?

:D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by noah katz
"the company is NHK. When I read the post, first thing that came to mind: "The guys that make spark plugs ?". "

That's NGK:)
I had NGK in the original post, since editted. LMDA1 was correcting me :)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
NHK, if memory services, is the company that did much of the original exploration of HD video in Japan, from which our HD system drew only heavily, right? Theirs was analog, but so was ours at first before digital technology caught up to it, luckily, before it was finalized. So they aren't newbies in this area by any means.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
I hear this will be available next CEDIA for 5K.
I hear David Boulet says its the best up and coming projection technology he hasn't seen yet. Unfortunately, like laser projectors this year, by next CEDIA it will be old news to him.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wow! For 4000 lines of resolution I would'nt mind getting violently ill every time I watched it!

note to self: replace carpeting with rubber mat and cover theater chairs with plastic (like at grandmas).

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
The projector looks idential to the JVC QXGA1 D-Cinema machine...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.