AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Samsung SIR-T150 STB. It is hooked to a Silver Sensor Antenna mounted upstairs. I can get all 9 LA digital stations with the antenna pointed in the right direction, and the signal strength is higher upstairs. But I still get occasional pixelation and dropouts, especially on KNBC. Would adding a UHF amplifier help, or should I attempt to mount the antenna in the attic? Radio shack has one, Lowe's had a GE for $20, and Fry's had a low end Channel Master one for $20. Will one of these works, or is something like the Channel Master 7775 the way to go? I have not been able to find the 7775 locally.

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can almost assure you that you need a preamp, you should try channel masters 7775, I am using that preamp w/CM 4248

& so far I am a happy viewer.

Good Luck

Ruben

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. My signal strength is relatively low on all channels, so it sounds like I need the Amp. I guess I will see where I can find a channel master 7775 or a winegard UHF amp. Anyone know a good place to get one of these?

Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have SIR-T150, and the signal strength on every channel is right in the middle of the graphic. Does this really mean the signal is fairly weak, or do some of you people show the meter all the way up on the "strong" end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would guess that middle of the graph on the Samsung is a fairly strong signal. I am only getting about 20%, 2-3 bars only. On the strong stations, maybe 4 bars. But I still get dropouts on some (but not all) channels sometimes, so that's why I think the amp may help.

Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
By my reckoning Teague is at least 45-50 miles from the transmitters on Mt. Wilson. It's amazing that the silver-sensor thing works at all. In any case an amp might help but the better solution is probably a better antenna such as the smaller UHF yagis from either Radio Shack or Channel Master. Given the success of the silver sensor attic mounted will probably work, and if it doesn't you can always move it outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.