AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
Joined
·
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Demo Material

Retail:
Timescapes
- Trailer

Movies: (Short)
Tears Of Steel

Movie Trailers:
Elysium

Demo Clips:
RED-Multi
NoiseRed
NoiseRed - Slow Motion
Roust Duck

YouTube:
LG 4K "Landscapes" - Part 1
LG 4K "Landscapes" - Part 2
Sony 4K "Feel The Beauty" - Part 1
Sony 4K "Feel The Beauty" - Part 2

YouTube - Music Videos:
Wake Me Up
Lights
Heart Beat


To Download Clips To Hard Drive from YouTube: *Need this first* 4K Video Downloader

Copy and Paste YouTube Link into 4K Video Downloader from http://www.uhdvideos.net/ or YouTube directly.


Example Links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTbg4R3y50 (Copy and Paste in 4K Video Downloader)


Thanks to:


pawel86ck

freebits

SOWK

R-o-c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Erotica from the first 4K UHD Porno Site www.huccio.com

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3236260/INFERNOV3.zip


if you register for free you can see a 4K Hardcore Trailer in the Members Area.
www.Huccio.com official goes online @ 01.01.2014


All the videos are very keen on art, no cheap sleazy movies


I Think females will love it to watch,too




YouTube Links...the best Quality i found so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYQ8w7kxdDk&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIAV5YVjA4&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AI1N7oelEW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ534zRf3aw&feature=player_detailpage


You can download with "4K video downloader"


All videos you can play then Full Screen with VLC Media Player


Best regards from Europe/Germany
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24105083


Thank You!

OK, Porn aside
What is needed to display 4K content ? I have a Sony 500ES, and a PS4 , other than that I have a standard 3D Sony BR player and a Lumagen Mini. For me, and I'm still old school, I would prefer to have a hard copy of anything I can

get my hands on. Even with a fast internet connection and I do have high speed , it will take forever to download any 4K movie.......correct? I'm looking into the HTPC option , probably the best way for me at this point I guess .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24108565


HTPC, or the Sony 4K puck is the only way at the moment that I know of.


I did not look into what the minimum PC specs are that is needed though.


PS4 is not 4K yet.
This is what Zombie is using for a HTPC, 4K gaming, video and upscaling:

Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post


I've been using the Shuttle brand SFF (Small form factor) barebone's PC's for about 10 years now. I love this company, they make a great product with quality components in a reliable but compact chassis.


This particular PC I am using is the SZ77R5:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101129


This comes with the motherboard, CPU cooling system and a very good power supply. You just add the processor, memory and SSD drive. I am using the Core I7 3770K and 32 GB of ram.


The GPU is the Nvidia 780 GTX Ti .


This is way overkill, you can get away with less memory and definitely a less expensive GPU. This PC used to be VMWare server which explains the high specs. I wanted to see what 4K Gaming would look like @ 30 FPS and like the NVidia branded cards.


It's amazing that this small PC can power the 780 GTX Ti, but it handles it like a champ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24108504


OK, Porn aside
What is needed to display 4K content ? I have a Sony 500ES, and a PS4 , other than that I have a standard 3D Sony BR player and a Lumagen Mini. For me, and I'm still old school, I would prefer to have a hard copy of anything I can

get my hands on. Even with a fast internet connection and I do have high speed , it will take forever to download any 4K movie.......correct? I'm looking into the HTPC option , probably the best way for me at this point I guess .

It will be interesting to see what the industry ultimately settles on as a 4K container _ either they will have to some how compress all that info on a 50GB Blu-ray or come up with yet another format.

This is assuming that's 4K movies will be on a disc form. Maybe one will be able to purchase them virtually, but then again the server for that would have to be enormous, plus the fact of how long it would take to download the movie or stream it....


So far from what I've seen of it, I was not impressed _ it's the same old thing as before with DVD's _ garbage in garbage out. I brought in Blu-ray disc of the Fantastic Four to my local Audio video store to see what sort of up scaling capabilities a 4K display was capable of _ it did nothing for the picture quality at all.


So I sat there and watched the 4K demo (a downloaded you tube video) and honestly it didn't look a whole lot better then a native 1080p source _ it was disappointing. The display was a smaller Sony, why did they even bother with such a small screen _ it was too small to tell the difference. ( I think it was a 55 inch, but can't be sure).


Another confusing thing, why 4K, why not 2160p ??? 4K to me is 4000 _ wow 4000 pixels, there's an improvement... Must be some sort of marketing thing because 2160p doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely as 4K. I think 4M would have made better sense, at least when you're dealing with quantities "M" stands for 1,000,000...


I think I will wait a couple of years until there is something to be impressed about, but for now the whole 4K thing is just in it's infancy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,027 Posts
 Here you'll find very high quality UHD demo footage from a Red Epic 4K camera (if you can play 10 bits files in Prores, a Mac or a PC with Quicktime Pro is probably the best way). These are too high quality for standard players like TMT of PDVD, so these will choke / refuse to play them, but they are valid files and give a much better idea of what's in store for us when Bluray 4K will finally land. If you can't play Prores 10 bit, they are also available in MP4, but of course they are more compressed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,027 Posts
Hi Jason,


It's not about the power, your htpc is powerful enough, it's the codec. They are Prores encoded files, so if the codec is not installed they won't play even with VLC. I can play them on my macbook pro, but I havent tried them on a pc with quicktime pro yet. The Mp4 versions should play fine though (they are more compressed of course, sonquality is not as good).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24158268

Here you'll find very high quality UHD demo footage from a Red Epic 4K camera (if you can play 10 bits files in Prores, a Mac or a PC with Quicktime Pro is probably the best way). These are too high quality for standard players like TMT of PDVD, so these will choke / refuse to play them, but they are valid files and give a much better idea of what's in store for us when Bluray 4K will finally land. If you can't play Prores 10 bit, they are also available in MP4, but of course they are more compressed.

And yet TMT 6 on there homepage clearly says 4K support, Hmmmm...

They must mean support for 4K mastered discs which is still just 1080p converted from 4K..

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24228034


And yet TMT 6 on there homepage clearly says 4K support, Hmmmm...

They must mean support for 4K mastered discs which is still just 1080p converted from 4K..

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/

Both TMT 6.5 and PDVD 13 support consumer 4K, ie 4K 8 bits 420 clips from youtube or a gopro hero 3 for example. I think their limit is around 60mbps. The clips I listed are 10 or 12 bits 422 pro files from a Red camera with a much higher bitrate which is why they don't support them. They don't support the xvcolor of mastered in 4K movies yet (they can play them as standard blurays of course), but hopefully they will soon. And I'm sure they will support bluray 4K when these are released around the end of the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13  /t/1506723/ultimate-4k-demo-material-information-thread#post_24109191

This is what Zombie is using for a HTPC, 4K gaming, video and upscaling:

Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post


I've been using the Shuttle brand SFF (Small form factor) barebone's PC's for about 10 years now. I love this company, they make a great product with quality components in a reliable but compact chassis.


This particular PC I am using is the SZ77R5:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101129


This comes with the motherboard, CPU cooling system and a very good power supply. You just add the processor, memory and SSD drive. I am using the Core I7 3770K and 32 GB of ram.


The GPU is the Nvidia 780 GTX Ti .


This is way overkill, you can get away with less memory and definitely a less expensive GPU. This PC used to be VMWare server which explains the high specs. I wanted to see what 4K Gaming would look like @ 30 FPS and like the NVidia branded cards.


It's amazing that this small PC can power the 780 GTX Ti, but it handles it like a champ.

I'm going for this:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4888#ov


all you need is ssd+ram

it will play native 4k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,439 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Top