AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of codes that are out there and what they do. I have seen the 722500 reset code. I've heard of the Jenny code and others but have no clue where I could find all those codes in one place.

I'm looking to upgrade my Sony UTV with 120gb WD 8mb drive. I want to make sure I have all the amo before I do that. Is that the best drive to use for an upgrade like this? Any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Erich

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
These are the codes I have... I don't remember where I got them.

Turn utv unit off.

Use the remote and press menu (i do it 3 times)

Enter the code

411 - enters special UTV setup screens that allow you to suppress the startup menu.

217 - Go to phone settings

7264 - Clears tellyscript (not dialing options, etc. currently also clear the tv listings.(Oct,2000)

7265 - Clears tellyscript (not dialing options, etc.).currently also clear the tv listings.(Oct,2000)

32768 - Clear flash NV RAM (including tellyscript, dialing options, etc. If the box is locked, then this secret code is disabled._(When the box is locked, the message light on the box flashes 5 times)

12357 - Here's what it does: Clear dialing options. Clear tellyscript and send user back through scriptless. Turn on audible dialing for diagnostic purposes.(unknown build)

77437 - Spooky Dialing Options

6502 - Mfg test code. (Go to Channel 100 directly) build 6684 and later. If the box is locked, then this secret code is disabled._ (When the box is locked, the message light on the box flashes 5 times)

110698 - Enable Offhook detect (Yellow light flashes)

110598 - Disable Offhook detect (Red light flashes)

072358 - Queries offhook detect state (yellow light-on, red light-off)

989898 - Set the client version number to 1.(useful for verifying approm upgrade) (This code will be turned off before shipment)

8675309 - Boot into Mini-Browser for downloading Boot or App ROMS (primarily development use for flashing BootROMS; unknown build)._Currently work with external bootrom(2545) only Oct,2000

5309 - Shorter version of 8675309. Boot into Mini-Browser for downloading Boot or App ROMS (primarily development use for flashing BootROMS; unknown build). currently work with external bootrom(2545)only.Oct, 2000t; This code does not work when approm corrupted. Use 8675309 when approm corrupted.

7225000 - Clears TV listings (unknown build).

7335000 - Clears TV IR codes (unknown build).

55325532- Delete All Partitions! (unknown build).

//internal builds only

972180 - Enable retail demo

242424 - Show Crash Log

711 - DirecTV data stream diagnostic

744744 - VFatHax - Browse file system

·
Registered
8 Posts
BigAl,

If you use the 972180 - Enable retail demo code, how to you get back out of that mode? Does it clear anything (recorded programs, Favorites lists, etc)?

I'd be interested in seeing what that mode looks like, but I don't want to lose anything.

Thanks,

Kamikaze :)

·
Registered
17,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rawk-us
what's the code that resets the scheduled recordings list w/o messing up the rest of the OS so I don't have to download it again?
Do you mean Scheduled Series list or Upcoming Recordings? Do you mean deletes or refreshes (searches for more recordings)?

If you are talking about the Upcoming Recordings and you want to delete the list, just unplug the UTV for a minute. That will delete the guide. No guide, no upcoming recordings. They'll start filtering back as the guide downloads. I guess this technically refreshes the recordings, too. If you want to refresh the upcoming recordings list without umplugging you can force a search on each of the scheduled series items.

If you want to delete the scheduled series list, the only way to do it in one swoop is to reset all your settings. Otherwise you'll have to delete the items individually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want to clear the scheduled series list all at once...I have too many crap programs set to record and I don't want to go through it all...too time consuming. lol

ty,

rawk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since you people know your codes so well, help me figure this one out.

The screensaver comes on while watching a program! Throughly annoying to have to press the remote every 2-5 mins to clear the screensaver mode. Yet when i pause the show (wether recorded or not) it wont turn on the screensaver.

BTW i have like 60 gigs of recordings that id rather not lose with a complete reset, but if it needs be ill do it.

thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSky
Since you people know your codes so well, help me figure this one out.

The screensaver comes on while watching a program! Throughly annoying to have to press the remote every 2-5 mins to clear the screensaver mode. Yet when i pause the show (wether recorded or not) it wont turn on the screensaver.

BTW i have like 60 gigs of recordings that id rather not lose with a complete reset, but if it needs be ill do it.

thanks!
Try the short "Jenny" code first (5309). You won't lose any recordings or options but the OS will be redownloaded.

Clip

(OK I lied. Your screen size and digital sound options will be reset to the default.)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you already have the 3.5 version, the Jenny code is completely useless. You will connect, it will download the latest version (3.5) and then detect that this is the current version and do nothing. You try one of the other reset codes though - not sure if that will help.

Good luck, Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by micheldb
Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you already have the 3.5 version, the Jenny code is completely useless. You will connect, it will download the latest version (3.5) and then detect that this is the current version and do nothing. You try one of the other reset codes though - not sure if that will help.

Good luck, Mike
Actually, the software on disk can get corrupted. Since no properly working version of the software exhibits the symptoms described it is quite possible that his software is corrupt. The Jenny code would help. Since it is non-destructive it makes sense that it would be tried first.

Clip

·
Registered
9 Posts
well since the other topic i posted doesnt get the response this one does ill just stick it here.

I tried the Jenny to no avail. It began the screensaver 2mins after the full dled and setup was complete. No if you think i would be more succesful using the full rom erase (23552355 i believe) then im game. I would rather not have to retype all the auto record and series in again but if neccessary i will.

any ideas?

thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Kamikaze,

Sorry, I've never tried that one. About the only one I use is the 411 code so I can bypass the startup menu and go right to watching TV fullscreen.

I just copied these from previous posts in case they would come in handy during harddrive upgrades, diagnosing problems, etc.

Al

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clip
Actually, the software on disk can get corrupted. Since no properly working version of the software exhibits the symptoms described it is quite possible that his software is corrupt. The Jenny code would help. Since it is non-destructive it makes sense that it would be tried first.

Clip
I agree 100% that the software can get corrupted but I'm almost sure that even if it is, the Jenny code will not help because it will not update the software if you already have the current version (see similar current tread). I think that if you have corrupted software, you have to swap out the drive or something to force a re-download.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.