AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to built my HTPC first based on info from lurking on these great boards BEFORE I got the display since I had seet a $1,500 figure for my first widescreen HD ready set (figured another year). However, I called the Panasonic distributor here about the new widescreen set and they told me a dealer in Honolulu had just received six. I went to see it and it is on display. Of course, who can tell from a display room. This retailer is pretty good, however, and even had it set up with PSB speakers.

He will sell me the first one in Hawaii for $1,900. Now he also has a display Mits WT-46807 that he will sell for the same price. He said the Mits deosn't receive NTSC as well as the Panny, but who cares. It is a table top, but that is not an issue either. Since there are no reviews on the Panny, I would appreciate anyone's input into my decision which needs to be made quickly.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have the 46807 and like it. It is an awesome set. That being said, I would probably steer you away from it since the one you might get is a display model. I would be very hesitant about buying an RPTV that is a display model. All the time it has been in the showroom, it most assuredly was running in full out torch mode with contrast and brightness to the max. The CRT's have been burned to within an inch of their life probably. I'm sure that you are losing some usable life from the set and it quite possibly might have some burn in. If you insist on getting it you should get a written warranty that you can keep it for minimum of a week or 2 to check it out with some test material and be able to return it for 100% credit against another set if you don't like it for any reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.