AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to build the Ultimate Sports Media Room. I have been researching the forums for about a month and with all the help have narrowed down my choices, but need help on a few things. PLease reply with any thoughts or ideas.

I am down to having a projector with a 92" diagonal screen and a 42" inch plamsa on each side. The wall is about 18 foot wide and 9 foot tall. PIcture attached with poster board for screen sizes. 50 inch plasma on the left and 42 on the right. The middle screen is 82" with 4 inches added for the frame

Equipement

Epson 1080ub ( most lumens for the bright room)

3 42 Panasonic 720p plamsa ( one above the bar also)

92" dalite screen. NOT SURE WHICH ONE.

I am running component cables, hdmi, cat 5 to all tvs and projector. Also coxial to each tv. to use the HDTV antenna. I am going to use 2 or 3 cable boxes to run the video. Just having sound on the main screen. I already order most of my wiring from monoprice.com

Also each section of the basement will have its on lights on a dimmer. I want the lights above the screen to dim when I turn on the projector

My biggest question is to mount the inwall speakers behind the screen or on the sides and bottom. Cant make up my mind. Am I limiting myself to certain sceens if I do this. IF I mount the speakers behind then I could then get the 100" diagonal and upgrade the plasmas to the 50 of leave the same. I want this to look classy and not over powering. I would like to have 2 rows of seating each having 4 seats, or one large sectional couch, and then the bar will be behind the seating. It will have a large island for more people to sit at watch the game.

Any thoughts on screen size and speaker placement. There isnt much room between the screen and the plasma. The inwall speakers are the reference by klipsch that I would like to use.

The other pic shows the rack that I will be using, that is build into the wall.

Thanks for all the help. Drywall is scheduled for the first week of August.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I would go with 42" screens on the size. Based on the images you've attached, I feel like the 50" screens would take away from the "wow" factor of the big screen.

You could always do in-wall speakers across the bottom of the screen as well.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Right.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
If you put speakers behind the large screen, then yes, you are limiting yourself to acoustically transparent types of screen material. This is not a bad thing necessarily other than the fact that it is a definite budget consideration to get a good AT screen.

Bryan

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardijoh /forum/post/14282963

So you could put all 3 speaker below the screen

that's an option, but I would put them above the screen (and lower the screen slightly). The main reason is so that the sound is passing by 2 rows of people and furniture to finally get to the back bar area.

Placing them above the screen (angling downward slightly if necessary) allows the sound to travel undisturbed to the back of the room.

I'd put the center right above the screen and the lefts and rights above the plasmas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts