AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I picked up my RCA Ultimate TV receiver. Set up was simple. What problems I had was my own doing. I didn't fully understand how to use the multi switch I purchased so I could continue to my old Sony receiver without having to replace the dish. So far so good. I hope to get another one before the end of the year. A huge improvement over TIVO. Which I had at Christmas 2000 and promptly got rid of. But I do have one question.

Will I be able to view and record the NFL Sunday ticket games on the Ultimate? It's weird. Channel 213 on the Sony tells me I'm authorized the games. But the gulide doesn't show any of the NFL channels. On the Ultimate, channel 213 says it's not available. But the guide has all the football channels. Go figure.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Be sure Directv auth your UTV for NFL... in addition to regular packages you get!

They may not have set it up.. I would check today..

otherwise tomorrow the lines maybe busy!!!

Once you get an update on your UTV you can use the manual timer to record in advance!!!

Welcome to the UTV forum...

Grem....

[This message has been edited by Gremlin (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gem. When I got home from work around 12:15 this morning both the Ultimate and the Sony showed that I would be receiving the NFL channels.

I called yesterday and the gentlemen I spoke to, after a 20 min. wait, said everything was set. But if I had any trouble, I should call. He said they would be fully staffed to deal with Sunday tickets problems. And if I believe that...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed that I can see the games listed on the channel guide well in advance, but the record times are really wrong (like "Sunday 3:00 AM to 8:30 AM"). Anybody seeing correct times? I'm thinking maybe my RCA UTV unit didn't d/l a needed upgrade yet or something.

What method do you use to record Sunday Ticket?

Nathan

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Snopple:
<SNIP>

A huge improvement over TIVO. Which I had at Christmas 2000 and promptly got rid of. But I do have one question.
In this thread , you said:
Quote:

I would stay away from TIVO. About a year and a half ago, I spent $500 on a TIVO with one tuner and only 10 hours of record time.I hated it.
Christmas 2000 was only 9 months ago. There has never been a 10 hour Tivo. Stand-alone Tivos (which is what you would have had) do not compete with UTV's. Tivo has a DirecTV/Tivo combo unit that has two tuners, records the satellite signal with no loss of quality, receives guide data from DirecTV like UTV does (including PPV, NFL Sunday data, etc.).

Please stop spreading misinformation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your conflicting dates and the 10 hours capacity and assume you really did buy a Tivo.

What you've done would be similar to me saying "Tivo is better than UTV because it can record OTA stations, cable channels, DISH, DirecTV, etc."

------------------

Brett
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven,

choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy.
s>

·
Registered
71 Posts

The game times for the NFL Sunday Ticket games are not posted until the day of the game. (I'm not clear why, but that's the way it works.) However, if you want to schedule a recording in advance, you can use the Manual Recording feature which can be found at the bottom of the My Shows page.

UTVinsider

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried using the Ultimate TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket package with picture and picture? You know one game on the main screen and another in the PIP screen. I have an RCA TV with PIP but the set has only one tuner. Since the Ultimate TV receivers have two tuners I was wondering if this was possible. I don't have one, YET! So I was wondering if anyone might know. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by devil27:
Has anyone tried using the Ultimate TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket package with picture and picture? You know one game on the main screen and another in the PIP screen. I have an RCA TV with PIP but the set has only one tuner. Since the Ultimate TV receivers have two tuners I was wondering if this was possible. I don't have one, YET! So I was wondering if anyone might know. Thanks for the help.
yes, I do just this. Works great.

------------------

Paul

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M:
I use it too. Plus my TV has 2 tuner PIP so I can watch 3 games at once. The problem is there is no time to go to the kitchen or bathroom!
Why, is your PAUSE button broken? That's one of the benefits of using UTV or Tivo to watch a game!!! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Brett
There should be a detective show called 'Johnny Monkey'. That way every week a criminal could say, "I ain't gonna get caught by no monkey," but then he would, and I don't think I'd ever get tired of that.s>

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M:
I use it too. Plus my TV has 2 tuner PIP so I can watch 3 games at once. The problem is there is no time to go to the kitchen or bathroom!
please explain how you watch 3 games. Do you have cable as well as DirecTV? Do you also hav another DirecTV receiver hooked up?

-NJJ

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here is the setup to watch three games at once. I have a UTV and an old Sony IRD. Both have RF modulators so they can send out on different channels anywhere in the house (but that has nothing to do with it). The UTV is plugged into the SVHS and audio of TV input 1. The Sony is plugged into the Video and audio of TV input 2. Set up two games PIP on the UTV. Then selct the satellite channel for the third game on the Sony and use the TV PIP to select input 2. If you don't have an extra satellite receiver like my old Sony, you can do the same thing using local over the air TV service for one of the football games.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.