·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

EDIT: Now under $40.00 (7/2012)

Edit: Now under $50.00!
(04/17/11)

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/uldlpliwi3dg.html

These have been available for pre-order for awhile now, but I was waiting to see the reviews on their IR glasses before posting. The IR glasses seem to be getting favorable reviews.

EDIT: preorder period now over

If you get these, please post your thoughts. It would be interesting to see how they compare with other brands, such as Optoma, Viewsonic, and XpanD.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle

These have been available for pre-order for awhile now, but I was waiting to see the reviews on their IR glasses before posting. The IR glasses seem to be getting favorable reviews. Shipping 12/19/10.

If you get these, please post your thoughts. It would be interesting to see how they compare with other brands, such as Optoma, Viewsonic, and XpanD.
They only work good with checker board 3D TVs.

If you use it with DLP-Link projectors you are going to see lots of pseudo-stereo.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/0

These have been available for pre-order for awhile now, but I was waiting to see the reviews on their IR glasses before posting. The IR glasses seem to be getting favorable reviews. Shipping 12/19/10.

Thanks for the link to these. I think I will try them out. People had nice things to say about their ir glasses. I would like to get Real D CrystalEyes 5 for myself and something like these for guests. Right now I'm using Mits kit ir glasses.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice to see a company put out a competitive product at a competitive price. I might pick these up down the road as extra sets for company. Just noticed they offer quantity pricing as well, if you buy two the second set is $10 less. I like them already.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/19625097

Nice to see a company put out a competitive product at a competitive price. I might pick these up down the road as extra sets for company. Just noticed they offer quantity pricing as well, if you buy two the second set is $10 less. I like them already.

Those are generic Chinese glasses and you can find them at:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...ewAllCategory=

or

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...ewAllCategory=

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
30 Posts
My first question is, can the left and right fields be reversed (like the Viewsonics) so that they can be used in conjunction with IR glasses?

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Grant /forum/post/19625249

My first question is, can the left and right fields be reversed (like the Viewsonics) so that they can be used in conjunction with IR glasses?

No.

You can only flip that using projector's or TV's menu.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bummer about not being able to switc mode like the Viewsonics. Still, if they don't have the rainbows/color banding, these would be nice to have. Someone posted a device that switces the L/R for $60 that would allow these to be used alongside the Mits glasses.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19624683

They only work good with checker board 3D TVs.

If you use it with DLP-Link projectors you are going to see lots of pseudo-stereo.

Mathew Orman

OK, I googled pseudo-stereo (outside of AVS search) and the only thing on there is icester's comments on AVSforum. So please explain, thank you.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 /forum/post/19627432

OK, I googled pseudo-stereo (outside of AVS search) and the only thing on there is icester's comments on AVSforum. So please explain, thank you.

Pseudo-stereo is when you see the reversed depth of original scene. So if Mike was in front of John in original scene

he will be behind John but still fully visible when in pseudo-stereo.

If you see a ball then in pseudo stereo you will see ball which look as if it was cut on half. Another wards the normally convex shape ball will now look concave open shell.

So, in reversed depth or pseudo stereo both Mike's and John's bodies will be concave, open shell looking like.

Do you understand?

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 /forum/post/19627432

The left eye sees the image intended for the right eye, and the right eye sees the image intended for the left eye. The picture looks like icester described.

·
Registered
460 Posts
anyone have any reviews on these? I have the optoma HD66 and will but the 3D-XL (but that onoyl comes with 1 glasses) I really need 4 but can't afford that many at once, but these are cheap (but hopefully its not in quality)

your time is appreciated

thanks

And i'm wondering what glasses DLP Projector users have for their kids (ages 4 and 7)

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19627959

anyone have any reviews on these? I have the optoma HD66 and will but the 3D-XL (but that onoyl comes with 1 glasses) I really need 4 but can't afford that many at once, but these are cheap (but hopefully its not in quality)

your time is appreciated

thanks

And i'm wondering what glasses DLP Projector users have for their kids (ages 4 and 7)

They're not available to ship until the 19th. Read the first post.

1 - 20 of 593 Posts