AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel stupid, but I dont knwo what exactly to do. I just started using PowerStrip and I'm trying to get some HDTV Timings added to my Display Profiles List.

I go into Display Profiles, Configure

Click Advanced Timing Options

Click Custom Resolutions

Scroll down to 720x480p (HDTV Standard)

Click Add Resolution

Round 1:

Get a screen that says it added it but I need to reboot.

Reboot

Repeat the first section of this post.

Round 2:

Get a screen that says its been accepted and do I wanna switch.

Click Yes and nothing happens and I get a beep.

Now this is on my NEC XP21 Monitor, so I disregard and just want to get it added to the Display Profiles.

The right side shows all the timings and they look OK.

I click Close, and go back to the Advanced Timings Screen, but all the wonderful timings I was just looking at are GONE and what I am Currently running at is displayed.

How Do I get the settings to follow me so I can save them as a Display Profile??????

This should be VERY basic for you experts out there so please tell me what I'm missing.

Once I get them added, I'm going to assign some of them Hot Keys, and then drag the HTPC back to the RPTV and try out the new resolutions to see what really works on my set.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
????

·
Registered
215 Posts
Casper42,

Which video card and driver version are you using?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had the same problem trying to switch to Interlaced resolutions with a Radeon 7500 card. I was told on the Powerstrip forum that the beep indicated an error, and that even though the pop-up message said the driver accepted the resolution, it won't switch to it.

You shuld find out whether your particular display driver and the monitor driver you are using will acccept the custom resolution you are trying to set.

In my case, all progressive resolutions on 540p or 720p timings work fine and I was only trying to get Interlaced to work for experiment, so I bagged it.

Hope that helps,

Bob

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Windows XP SP1

Radeon 7000 AGP (will be getting a 7500 instead soon, but not yet)

Whatever the Latest Catalyst Drivers were about a week ago (2.4 or 2.5 I cant remember)

Also, XP Detects my Pioneer SD 532 as "Default Monitor". I read in some of the FAQs something about using a Sony Driver that may help override any hinderences the "Default Monitor" settings may be causing me. Any advice there would be superb.

In the FAQ, I tried to use one of the Radeon FAQ Links, but the first link was dead (thread no longer found on the forums).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the quick and dirty answer is that if I click the button and it says to Try it now, and I say yes and it DOES switch and not just freakin beep, then it will pull those settings over to the "Advanced Timings Options" screen?

I am hunting down the Sony Drivers as I type, and I also have a nice long winded PowerStrip related PM from another SD532 Owner who knows what works and doesnt on his machine, so I have somewhere to Aim for now.

But someone, please confirm that No Beep + Switch will push all those settings to Advanced Timings so I can hit Save As.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.