AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

From the people who have been into video for quite a while, can you suggest a "good" UWA lens (brand/online store) for a camcorder? Will the $50 or less lenses work ok when considering the final video output? I have an HF-s30.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzxrey /forum/post/20847551

Hello everyone,

From the people who have been into video for quite a while, can you suggest a "good" UWA lens (brand/online store) for a camcorder? Will the $50 or less lenses work ok when considering the final video output? I have an HF-s30.

Thanks.

Look for Century Optics, Raynox, Opteka, etc. HD UWA lens. Or if you want a cheaper alternatives, take a look at ebay. Cheaper lenses work fine but tend to have visible/less visible softness around the edge your video and chromatic aberration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I went with the Raynox 6600 Pro. Best wide angle I got after my nikon 14-24 lens. Little to no distortion. Did not even hear about it till you mentioned the brand. Thanks again.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzxrey /forum/post/20857442

Thanks. I went with the Raynox 6600 Pro. Best wide angle I got after my nikon 14-24 lens. Little to no distortion. Did not even hear about it till you mentioned the brand. Thanks again.

You're welcome. You can't go wrong with the popular Raynox 6600.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzxrey /forum/post/0

Post a review when you have a chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.