AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
I pulled it.

Shawn has been updating and everyone knows the circumstances. Complaining wont change a thing so if you don't want to wait get your money back.

Second, Sore eyes said his spot was for sale and said no one responded. All he has to do is email me or Shawn and ask for a refund. Done.

I don't know who this guy is. He did not post his name so we have no idea where he is on the list and then he hides his email so no one can get a hold of him. How can we respond.

He stated he was in the second prebuy, that was for $800 I belive but in the last thread he said $1120 something isnt right.

This whole thing does not add up. I posted I was going to pull this if he did not get back to me and he did not.

Thread closed.

I'm not going to waist bandwidth.

He can get a refund on the spot. Just ask us. There is no risk for anyone.

If your not happy get a refund. Keeping this post going does nothing to speed things up so please lets post constructive things. If you do not want to wait everyone has an option.

To Sore eyes...I will buy your lens. Send me an email with your receipt or CC receipt.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

[This message has been edited by Alan Gouger (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Hi trevorone

Between all the flaming going on with Taw and this topic its even got me ranting. After all it is a full moon.

Regarding Sore eyes, all he has to do is ask for a refund and he will get. Instead he has to start another thread which gets everyone else going. I'm getting to many complaints. People are sick of reading about it so I am going to start closing threads that don't go anywhere. Everyone have had their say for the last 3 days. No need to go another 4 5 or 6 days. That will do nothing to speed things up. Further more people who have contacted Shawn ,some even by phone have posted the conversation and still this keeps going.

Anyone,...anyone who does not want to wait you know the circumstances so please complain to Shawn and keep it off the board unless its something informative..please.

Everyone has an option and a way out so this is not fraud as stated by some.

------------------

Alan Gouger

www.avscience.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dear Mr. Gouger,

Last night I posted an account off my thoughts on the Panamorph project, canceled my order, explained why I did so publicly, and expressed my hopes that all the buyers get their expectations fulfilled by the project. That was around Midnight my time. It is now 7:40 AM here in Montana, (that’s where I spend my summers), and I see that you have pulled my topic. You went on to state that you sent me a message saying that if I did not contact you, the topic would be removed. Not much time, don’t you think?

You then went on to impugn my honesty. Why? I am known as a plane-spoken person. You don’t know me. What have I done or said that would make you believe the, “whole thing does not add up�. (Yes, I thought my pre-buy was in the second group. I offered it for sale at the exact price charged to my card and did not know that there were other levels. And I did send an e-mail simultaneously notifying the company of my position.)

Alan, what you are doing reminds me of a modern day trend of blaming the victim. I know you are being loyal to your friend Shawn. I prize loyalty. I have been blessed with many friends who have shown me great loyalty. Even more important, I have had the opportunity to have met people that have earned my loyalty. Notice, I said “earnedâ€. Because real loyalty is not casually given or purchased. No, I am not loyal to Shawn. I don’t know him. Giving him a bit of money does not make me loyal to him. I hope he does well. But he has not my standards of respect as to how he treats customers.

As for your loyalty towards him, be careful. Blind loyalty can end up being harmful to others and actually damaging to the object of that loyalty. If carried too far, you may end up looking not like a friend, but an accomplice.

I challenge you to put my comments back on the board. Let people decided for themselves if my words have merit, or shed some light upon the subject.

By the way, my e-mail address is [email protected] I will send a copy of my Federal Express bill, showing the charges to my account for the Panamorph, to all that give me a fax number. Those that e-mail me will get a copy of my posts over the last few days.

Regards,

Walt K. Weissman

Sore Eyes

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Walt

I am editing my post. It is nice to have a name so I know who I am talking to. Im glad Shawn responded to you in a timly mannor. I cannot put a thread back up after its been pulled. People have your email address so you can send it to anyone wanting it. Further more your statment is no different than what has been covered for days in 3 or more other threads. No need to keep this going. People are getting sick of it.

As far as me becomming a accomplice just as long as you can get a refund I am at no risk as are others.

All you had to do was to email Shawn instead of starting yet another thread.

This now has a happy ending. No need to go any further.

Have a great 4th.

------------------

Alan Gouger

www.avscience.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just received this polite and responsible e-mail form Shawn. I would like it included as part of my thread. It does not change my thoughts, nor my desire to opt out of the program. But Shawn’s response suggests that the problems, as I have suggested, arise from ineptitude, not duplicity.

“Walt,

I understand your frustration and your cancellation of your order due to the

program's delays and certainly apologize for these. Unfortunately I don't

have a record of previous emails from you to which we have not responded, so

I regret we may have not had the opportunity to respond in the past. Your

unit is scheduled to ship within four weeks (production has begun on the

P752). I'd be happy to talk to you about the delays and the program if it

will help (please provide a phone number since I am often between

facilities). However, I will cancel your order per your email unless you

would like to hold off.

Kind regards,

Shawn Kellyâ€