AVS Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 4188 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' /forum/post/18957092

I've followed them, and their choice to not release a processor has not been the perfect choice either.

I'm pretty confidant that not releasing a processor based on the Sherwood R-972 was a more perfect choice than releasing one.

Did it hurt them? Yes, it sure did. Did it hurt them as bad as selling people something that didn't work would have? Not a chance.

There's a lesson in there that certain other companies should learn.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
This is in no way shape or form related to audio.......but i had to share it. Almost pissed my pants reading it.

UPS Pilots Gripe Sheet

Remember it takes a college degree to fly a plane, but only a high school diploma to fix one; a reassurance to those of us who fly routinely in our jobs.

After every flight, UPS pilots fill out a form, called a 'gripe sheet,'

which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanicscorrect the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight.

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by UPS pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

By the way, UPS is the only major airline that has never, ever, had an accident.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.

S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.

S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.

S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.

S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200-feet-per-minute descent.

S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.

S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.

S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.

S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

S: IFF is always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.

S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.

S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.

S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.

S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics..

P: Mouse in cockpit.

S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding

on something with a hammer.

S: Took hammer away from the midget.

·
Registered
14,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi /forum/post/18958792

So what changed your mind?

When I posted that I was a little pissed about the way some posts and threads were deleted and locked. But I have made some friends over at the Lounge and thought why let that bother me. The same with the few over zealous Emotiva fanatics as nothing short of a av123/MLS type meltdown will lessen their allegiance
. Plus seeing the "It Works" thread is still open made me think the "officials" over there are being a little bit more forgiving and letting people say what they need to say

As far as buying Emotiva products in the future that will depend on how they work. I bought both the USP-1 and UMC-1 when they were first released. I will not be a beta tester for Emotiva again
. Some of their upcoming products look interesting but if I do decide to buy them it will be a long while after they are released.

Bill

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
If you give up on their forum it will be their loss. Was it you that tried out an Anthem TLP-1 and found it very unimpressive? It was that post that made me realize I needed to replace mine, and I'm waiting for the XSP-1 since the USP was highly praised.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
UPS is the carrier of choice when delivering audio products and accessories. What can Brown do for you?

·
Registered
364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai /forum/post/18959817

UPS is the carrier of choice when delivering audio products and accessories. What can Brown do for you?

Looks like she is delivering some "Black Trim" to me.

·
Registered
14,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac /forum/post/18963607

Here is a movie that I heard was loosely based on the Lounge

http://www.themovieinsider.com/m3312/fanboys/

Bill

What so bad about being a hard core fan anyway.

Lots here too. Especially in the >20K camp or the HD-DVD crowd.

We should end this thread and talk about how the XMC isn't going to be here until mid 2011.

Or keep it open if more nice pics keep getting posted.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon884 /forum/post/18963474

Looks like she is delivering some "Black Trim" to me.

I wonder if she lets deliveries in the back door?

·
Registered
14,680 Posts

Quote:
What so bad about being a hard core fan anyway.

None at all
. But when you see one of the Emotiva faithful post "By golly! These are indeed exciting times." in reference to the long overdue FW possibly becoming available is a little bizarre if you ask me

Quote:
Lots here too. Especially in the >20K camp or the HD-DVD crowd.

True, but I would say the HD/DVD crowd has long since dispersed

Quote:
We should end this thread and talk about how the XMC isn't going to be here until mid 2011.

Anyone waiting to put the XMC-1 in their rack is in for a long wait

Bill

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi /forum/post/18963636

None at all
. But when you see one of the Emotiva faithful post "By golly! These are indeed exciting times." in reference to the long overdue FW possibly becoming available is a little bizarre if you ask me

True, but I would say the HD/DVD crowd has long since dispersed

Anyone waiting to put the XMC-1 in their rack is in for a long wait

Bill

Fanboyism is almost like religion.

My view is live and let live.

Who the f*ck am I to tell someone what to believe or not believe.

Let alone what to hear or not to hear!

Doesn't affect me in one bit.

HD-DVD crowd still remains, just check out their thread here.

I agree about the xmc. Sad really but what can you do.

Oh well, there is the 7005 to ponder and some recent AVRs look really promising.

(I'm eying the Pio VSX-1120-K right now)

As far as amps, I'm keeping my LPA-1 with its 1200VA transformer.

·
Registered
14,680 Posts

Quote:
HD-DVD crowd still remains, just check out their thread here.

I haven't been over at the HD/DVD forum in years. Although I still have my A2 in my rack for SD/DVD using the Reon in my 886 to clean it up somewhat

Quote:
I agree about the xmc. Sad really but what can you do.

Oh well, there is the 7005 to ponder and some recent AVRs look really promising.

The AV7500 does look promising but I'm not to thrilled with the porthole display
. Although the AV7500 might be a clone of the Denon 3311. I wonder if any of the internals (DACs and analog stage) of the AV7500 will be upgraded over the Denons or if they will be the same?

Quote:
(I'm eying the Pio VSX-1120-K right now)

I haven't heard of this Pioneer is it a new model?

Quote:
As far as amps, I'm keeping my LPA-1 with its 1200VA transformer.

Great amp thats for sure

Bill

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac /forum/post/18963789

I haven't heard of this Pioneer is it a new model?

Bill

Yes for this year.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...SX-1120-K.Kuro

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/r...-vsx-1120-k-fl

The Marvel video chipset is what really sparks my interest.

Plus the amount of features you get for the price.

Just need to see how well it plays the 2010 HDMI rules.

(but I do have a dvdo edge that may or may not get replaced along with this)

·
Registered
411 Posts
So, for those that have bought and been disappointed are you returning them to the manufacturer, or reselling them in the used market as paper weights?

·
Registered
14,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18628239 /forum/post/18964438

So, for those that have bought and been disappointed are you returning them to the manufacturer, or reselling them in the used market as paper weights?

I returned mine awhile ago. There is a member over at the Lounge that had his UMC-1 up for sale for $635.00 shipped. It has been for sale for almost 2 weeks and just sold. Someone asked him why he just doesn't return it for a full refund, he did not respond. But the days of seeing the UMC-1 going for $999.00 on Audiogon are long gone. Thats pretty sad when the UMC-1 for a discounted price does not sell quickly on the Lounge

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...y&thread=12585

Bill

·
Registered
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18628239 /forum/post/0

I'll be returning mine, if the clock starts ticking, and it hasn't been fixed to my liking. I don't get the people selling them - what are they thinking?

In my system right now, it's working pretty good. Yeah, there are a few/bunch of issues that need to be fixed, but nothing that kills the day to day use of the unit. Do I want real video passthrough, normal bass management, and a working room correction system - yes I do. But, I'm holding off on the VP for now, I can't really hear any issues due to the bass mgmt, and i'm capable of calibrating it myself. So I'll give ' em a little rope.

With the advent of the new crop of AVRs they are falling way behind in the race. Now with the XMC in the wind for probably close to a year, that's not a viable option. So I have been looking around for what to replace it with and there are a lot more choices than there were a year ago! In my mind the 3311/4311 are top runners of the new crowd, but, as always, the research continues.

Interesting times indeed! Just not like the Emo lounge poster thinks.

2681 - 2700 of 4188 Posts