AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I not see more people using the UMC-1 from Emotiva? If they are buying an amp from Emotiva why not get the UMC-1 with it? Is there a feature that receivers have that the UMC doesn't?

I am just curious.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Too many bugs to recommend in general, but some people still have good experiences with it. Their amps often represent good value, but there is not much wisdom in going the UMC-1 route when just about any of the big name receiver companies provide better performance and value. They are a small company without a lot of experience, relying upon outside sources to provide them with products. There is a dedicated Emotiva thread on this forum with more than you will ever want to read about Emotiva; pros, cons, debates, hostility. In other words, normal forum life.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The current sale makes the UMC-1 a great deal plus you get a 40% off card to upgrade when the XMC-1 becomes available. Sure the UMC-1 has some quirks, but mine have been quite minor. Plus, I am willing to overlook that because the sound quality is so good. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I would buy a receiver with preouts based solely on what I have read about the UMC-1. Not saying it's junk. Just saying there were enough issues that it seems less of a hassle to get something from Yamaha with preouts, like my 867. For example, it's bass management was criticized.

I am happy someone made an affordable processor though. Maybe there's more to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.