AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding information comparing these 2 TVs. The only notable differences I can find is that the UN46D7000 has a smaller bezel and better 3D performance (I am not interested in 3D at all).

The C7000 can be had for a lot less money (there is a great sale going on right now).

Is the PQ for 2D greatly improved with D7000? If the difference is enough to warrant the extra cash for the D7000?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The D7000 comes with a keyboard remote and built in wifi and it's web capabilities are better. Basic 2D pq should be about the same between the C and D.

If there's ever even the remotest possibility that you'll want to use the 3D capability at any time during your ownership of the set get the D series, not just because of a little better 3D performance but also because the D series models use bluetooth synched glasses which cost $49.99. The C series Samsungs are the one and only model year that use infrared synched glasses which cost 149.99 (though third party glasses can be had for less) and will be somewhat "orphanized" by that fact.

There is also that undeniably "sexy" frameless look of the D7000.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would get the 46D7000 over the 46C7000 and the price right now at BB is great. I got the D7000 with 3D starter kit and Blu-ray 5500 player for $50 less than it was listed for at the store. I have held off on the delivery because I'll be on a trip and wanted a full 30 days to evaluate it.

The reviews I've read indicate it's an improvement over the C model. I also agree with Steve's comment about the future use of 3D being available.

Wes

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the answers guys,

I forgot about the remote, thanks for pointing that out- that is a nice bonus. I really do like the small bezel on the D7000... that makes me want to wait for the price to drop a bit....

I really don't think I will ever go for 3D. I have demo'd some set in stores and I honestly think I would get an awful headache if I actually watched something for 2 hours. I also get optical migranes, which are absolutely miserable! Wouldn't want to take a chance with that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts