AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

ever since i bought the un55c7000 i have had hdmi problems

first was 1 of the for hdmi ports didnt work ,but i thought at first that was fine as long as the others work.

the other day there was a bad lightning storm at my house but i wasnt there to unplug the tv although it was on a surge protector.

after i got home the tv wouldnt pick up anything plugged in hdmi i unplugged the tv for about 5 mins and it worked. its been days since the storm and tv has worked flawlessly untill this morning it detects something is plugged in and highlights the port but when i select it says no signal check connections.

it does this on everything plugged in the 3 working hdmi ports (usb works fine always). i couldnt get anything to come up until i unplugged ps3 from its port and plugged into the hdmi port that never worked and now all hdmi's work fine again.

why is it doing this?

is this just a bug ?

should i see if its under warranty and try to get fixed?

what if its working fine like it is now when i try to get it fixed?

p.s. i am new to hdtv's so what should i do ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Well, it's obviously not working right. Probably the storm had some effect. Not really a warranty problem if it was caused by a power surge, in that case, most surge protector companies warranty the attached items, so the claim would be with that company.

Probably if you call Samsung they will send someone to check it. If the whole board is dead/malfunctioning they will just replace it. If you do call them, just say the problem isn't constant so the repair guy will know what to expect.

And if I were you, and it's a cable box that is giving you these problems, try red/green/blue component cables, they work better with cable boxes than HDMI and you get the same 1080i signal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Probably if you call Samsung they will send someone to check it.

will i have to pay for this ?

if lightning damaged it and the surge protector was malfunctioning wouldn't it have damaged other peripherals that were also plugged into it ps3,360,bluray player and surround sound?

thanks for your time

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You would think a defective protector would have allowed damage to anything plugged into it. Is the surge protector still working? Or was it blown out by the storm. If it's still working, the problem is most likely a Samsung warranty issue.

If the HDMI ports were malfunctioning before the storm, and your tv is still under the Samsung warranty, you just call their customer service and tell them about your HDMI ports not working consistently. A service call, while the tv is under warranty does not cost you anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Is the surge protector still working?

yes it still works fine and so does all the stuff i have plugged into the surge protector.
Quote:
If the HDMI ports were malfunctioning before the storm, and your tv is still under the Samsung warranty, you just call their customer service and tell them about your HDMI ports not working consistently. A service call, while the tv is under warranty does not cost you anything.

one hdmi port didnt work when i first bought it and i never tried to use it since except for today. so i guess i call samsung . i hope its still under warranty as ive only had it for 7-8 months

Thank you for all the help mes444

1 - 5 of 5 Posts