AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks-

I am in the market for a new TV and am considering both of the above for my living room. Any advice on which model to get would be much appreciated!!

The room is bright during the day due to windows on two sides. Lights are less of an issue in the evenings. Having a wider viewing angle (yes, I am familiar with the general limitations of LCDs) would be quite helpful. I don't think I need 4k.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up the UN60H6350 after much debate and it came down to the almost double additional cost wasn't worth it for me. The sharp panel in this size exhibited none of the issues people seem to rant about, and even my picky eye just can't notice.

The 6350 lacks 3D which in my case was a bonus. The 7150 has additional motion handling that the 6 series does not, but in both reviews and my personal viewing comparison wasn't worth the additional cost. It is still a software motion handling in the 6 and 7 series and compared to the hardware versions in the 8000+ series it cannot compare. The 7150 has a motion remote similar to a Wii, so if you intend to use the browser and like that feature you can get that also in the 6400. The 6400 also is the lowest model to add in 3D, so I would also consider if you should desire that.

The Cnet reviews show these two models and their features, so check that out too if you haven't already.

Edit: I do not notice the viewing angle issues people discussed. All flat panels exhibit this to some degree so just make sure in the store the limits are ok. Mine is still pretty good standing at 30 degrees, but this could be the sharp panel characteristic in the 60 inch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I an about to pop for Samsung UN60h6350 for $1,399. Anyone have suggestions or comments? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts