AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a year old UN65HU9000 Open Box for $2,500.00.

I've been playing with it, and the settings for the past several days.

I am upgrading from a 60" F7100 that's 2 years old.

Right now I am debating whether I got a good deal.

Apparently there was a revision made To this TV toward the end of 2014 to a US02 version.

My panel is a March 2014 US01.

I have issues with glare, some jitter/judder, and the fact native 5.1 isn't possible from the Evo Box.

I have 30 days to return the UN65HU9000, and I am looking at either a LG 65UF8500, or Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA.

The LG would be a free swap, the Samsung would be an additional $1,500.00.

At this point I really don't care for the curve, and would prefer the flat TV style.

Not sure if I should just keep the UN65HU9000, play with the settings, and upgrade to the new 2015 Evo Kit, or swap it out.

Just kinda bummed that this panel is already antique, as it was the flag ship TV last year.

Thanks,

Mothandras

·
Vendor
28,675 Posts
It is always a matter of opinion. I can tell you that a new one can be found for $2700, so you decide if you got a good deal ? As far as the curve, I do not think one day you are going to like it. You either do or do not. Sound's like you don't. In many occasions, not all, a curve can cause more glare issues.

In the end your call, there is no wrong answer.........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

It is always a matter of opinion. I can tell you that a new one can be found for $2700, so you decide if you got a good deal ? As far as the curve, I do not think one day you are going to like it. You either do or do not. Sound's like you don't. In many occasions, not all, a curve can cause more glare issues.

Most reputable places still list it at $3,500.00, I have found it for $2,579.00 on eBay etc. NIB.

What TV would you recommend in the 3-4k range 65", want 4k.

Is it worth waiting for the 2015 Samsung models to arrive?

Thanks,

Mothandras

·
Registered
507 Posts

$2,700? From East Coast TV or Abes? I don't know of a reputable dealer that will let it go for that. They all reference UPP when asking for a deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at taking back the UN65HU9000, and getting a BNIB UN65JU7500FXZA Wednesday 4/1/2015.

It is going to cost me $500 more but I think it will be worth it to get a brand new set.

Any reason the HU9000 is just night and day better than the new JU7500?

I just feel getting a brand new set with Tizan, and the fact I will probably never update the EVO kit.

Thanks,

Mothandras

·
Registered
71 Posts
Call Cleveland A/V for Pete's Sake

I am looking at taking back the UN65HU9000, and getting a BNIB UN65JU7500FXZA Wednesday 4/1/2015.

It is going to cost me $500 more but I think it will be worth it to get a brand new set.

I just feel getting a brand new set with Tizan, and the fact I will probably never update the EVO kit.

Thanks,

Mothandras
It may be a bit of a hassle to return the TV if you don't like it, but Cleveland A/V is a forum sponsor, authorized dealer AND has great prices. Absolutely no reason to purchase from Best Buy (that's where you should view, not necessarily buy) or to listen to people who tell you that authorized dealers won't budge from UPP. They ALL will.
So, why not go with a trusted independent dealer?

·
Registered
17,118 Posts

Thanks,

Mothandras
i think the HU9000 will have the edge but only with the new OCB but that isnt out yet. alot of people have had judder issues with the 9000, not sure the OCB will fix that, so at least if you go with the ju7500 i believe the judder issue is fixed.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
It may be a bit of a hassle to return the TV if you don't like it, but Cleveland A/V is a forum sponsor, authorized dealer AND has great prices. Absolutely no reason to purchase from Best Buy (that's where you should view, not necessarily buy) or to listen to people who tell you that authorized dealers won't budge from UPP. They ALL will.
So, why not go with a trusted independent dealer?

i really hate to do this and am not trying to hurt chris, but cleveland a/v is NOT an authorized seller. just so that is cleared up. here is the samsung official list of authorized sellers.

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

ALSO, here is a samsung list of NON authorized dealers.

http://www.pcrichard.com/images/promos/Buyer_Beware_Samsung-04-01.pdf

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, almost. My HU9000 was a floor demo from BB for $2,800. Took it home wrapped in bubble wrap, no box and the remotes were from the 1080p I just returned to them. The little remote doesn't work with the HU9000. I'm going to return it for the JU7500. Now I'm up in the air over getting a 5 year warranty. Geek Squad wants something like $500 for a 5 year....Pretty high.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re:

I'm in the same boat as you, almost. My HU9000 was a floor demo from BB for $2,800. Took it home wrapped in bubble wrap, no box and the remotes were from the 1080p I just returned to them. The little remote doesn't work with the HU9000. I'm going to return it for the JU7500. Now I'm up in the air over getting a 5 year warranty. Geek Squad wants something like $500 for a 5 year....Pretty high.
Cool, let me know how you like the JU7500, I will be picking up mine tomorrow.

I will post in the official JU7500 thread on this forum.

Thanks,

Mothandras

·
Registered
901 Posts
And doesn't buying from non authorized dealers void the warranty?
no, not at all. you get warranty whether you buy from east coast, CP, anywhere as long as you are the original owner.

Buying authorized mainly has the benefit of no hassle returns (which isn't even always the case), and that is about the only major advantage. Its a pretty big one though.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
5 year for 500 is pretty cheap considering it comes with full replacement if the tv cant be fixed. abcwarehouse wanted 1100 for a 4 year warranty for my HU9000 but my buddy that works there was able to get me half off.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
And doesn't buying from non authorized dealers void the warranty?
ive seen cases online where a person buys a foreign model from an unauthorized dealer, and samsung USA wont honor that particular tv. this is where people need to be careful and make sure they are getting a USA version. so there are certain circumstances where the samsung warranty will void.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, I see why you have 36 posts in 12 years. Very informative!
What does that prove? For all you know, I have thousands of posts on several of the other A/V forums on the web.
Look, I'm just trying to limit the disinformation circulated on this forum - a VERY COMMON occurrence here - and provide some help to a new member.
Nothing personal, but you don't seem to know what you're talking about re. warranties, UPP policies, etc.
You just don't.
Again, nothing personal, we all had to start somewhere.
Senior members (who have seen this tendency for misinformation by well meaning members over & over again), please feel free to speak up.
This well-intentioned poster will, no doubt, be impressed with your respective post counts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i really hate to do this and am not trying to hurt chris, but cleveland a/v is NOT an authorized seller. just so that is cleared up. here is the samsung official list of authorized sellers.

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

ALSO, here is a samsung list of NON authorized dealers.

http://www.pcrichard.com/images/promos/Buyer_Beware_Samsung-04-01.pdf
If history is a guide, I really doubt that anyone buying a Sumsung TV from Chris will have any issues with respect to registration & warranty. That is, unless something has changed recently. Anyway, Chris has addressed this issue of reseller vs. distributor in another forum post fairly recently. I'm sure that he gets tired of restating the obvious.....
I know that I would.
But, I will let him speak for himself.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
If history is a guide, I really doubt that anyone buying a Sumsung TV from Chris will have any issues with respect to registration & warranty. That is, unless something has changed recently. Anyway, Chris has addressed this issue of reseller vs. distributor in another forum post fairly recently. I'm sure that he gets tired of restating the obvious.....
I know that I would.
But, I will let him speak for himself.

just making sure the proper information is provided to people. your right, ive heard nothing but great things, but still not authorized, as a person claimed he was, according to samsung.com

·
Vendor
28,675 Posts
$2,700? From East Coast TV or Abes? I don't know of a reputable dealer that will let it go for that. They all reference UPP when asking for a deal.
You are looking in the wrong places then.........

One does have to be cautious out there, plenty of bad business owners out there, not only in this trade, but every trade. People trying to suck every penny out of who ever they can. Giving bad information and bad advise. All I can say is that we are authorized thru distribution. If you notice only the big guys, or guys that have been in business for decades are on the list. All these guys on the list buy direct from Samsung.

Its just not Samsung either, all manufacturers only recognize there direct dealer's on their websites. Only the big guys, or guys that have been in business for decades are on the list.

Small guys buy thru distribution. There is no list for us :( Their are literally hundreds of dealer's who are not on any list signed up thru distribution. Lets face it, where the heck would us small guys get product from if it was not thru distribution, especially large supplies ? We have been selling Samsung for 11 years now, think if the warranty did not apply we would be lit up right here on AVS by now. We have more than a few AVS forum member have warranty work done with no issues.

If you wanted to sign up direct with Samsung, get on the list on their website, I hope you have deep pockets, you would need to buy about 50 million per year to even get them to bat an eye at you. That is why there are distributor's.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.