AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have my projector mounted on a shelf..here is the dilema

I'm not getting a perfect shape before/after lens shift, so i'm assuming my projector needs to be moved somewhat.

The bottom half of the image seems to dip down to the right (bottom/right corner is lower then left) and the right side of the image seems to angle inward a bit towards the centre.

Can anyone help me figure out what directions I need to be looking at moving here? I tried moving the projector along the shelf a bit but I'm guessing I wasn't moving it far enough as I didn't notice any big change in the angles.

2 more general questions;

1) am i correct in assuming you want to centre the projector lens (not the projector itself) to the screen?

2) am i also correct in assuming you want to get the lens as close to the top of the white part of the screen as possible height wise?

Keep in mind again im using a shelf not a ceiling mount, in case this affects any answers. My projector is the Panasonic AX-200.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoex /forum/post/14155109

Ok so I have my projector mounted on a shelf..here is the dilema

I'm not getting a perfect shape before/after lens shift, so i'm assuming my projector needs to be moved somewhat.

The bottom half of the image seems to dip down to the right (bottom/right corner is lower then left) and the right side of the image seems to angle inward a bit towards the centre.

Can anyone help me figure out what directions I need to be looking at moving here? I tried moving the projector along the shelf a bit but I'm guessing I wasn't moving it far enough as I didn't notice any big change in the angles.

2 more general questions;

1) am i correct in assuming you want to centre the projector lens (not the projector itself) to the screen?

2) am i also correct in assuming you want to get the lens as close to the top of the white part of the screen as possible height wise?

Keep in mind again im using a shelf not a ceiling mount, in case this affects any answers. My projector is the Panasonic AX-200.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you have two problems. The projector is not level and the projector is not square with the screen. You need to use the front leg adjustment on the projector to level the projector. Then make sure that the projector is square with the screen. Do not angle the projector toward the screen. What I am trying to say is: If you picture the beam from the lens as a line it should hit your screen at a right angle. Then you use the lens shift to move the image right , left, up and down. If this is done then the image should be level and form a perfect rectangle.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm not sure I understand clearly how your projector is placed relative to the screen on the opposite wall.

We have a panasonic PJ with great vertical and horizontal lens shift and use a shelf and have had zero problems with screen image.

Our ceiling is only 7 1/2 feet from floor and our projector is on a shelf about 5 ft from the floor and our screen is an older more square than wide - 80 X 60 inches fixed and our throw distance from lens to screen is about 11 1/2 feet.

Our PJ @ 5 ft height throws a perfectly symetrical image - I've never worried about the top of image being at the top of the screen - why would that be a concern? Yesterday I watched an older movie with 3:2 aspect ratio and so I used shift to raise the image a bit and zoomed to better fill the screen - awesome huge image - completely symetrical. Next I watched a true widescreen (2.39:1) so I had to zoom back out a bit but forgot and left the shift higher so the image was more at the top of the screen but no problem and all symetrical.

A strong plus for Panasonic LCD projectors is the very good vertical and horizontal lens shift capability so if your PJ is at center relative to the screen and not placed way, way too high or way, way too low you shouldn't be having an image symetry issue unless there is a fault in the projector.

Since you are using a shelf why not try raising or lowering the shelf height.

goodluck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts