AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Replay had me change my setup to Dish - Cleveland channels for my local channels, I have been unable to change the channel to any of the locals! I can change between any of my other satellite channels, but the locals (below channel 100) stay on the current satellite channel. My recordings record the wrong channel. When attempting to change to a local channel, the screen flashes and for a second it looks like it is changing the channel, but it stays on the current channel.

I use a Dish 500 and a Showstopper pvhs2000. I've seen a few other postings with similar problems, but no solution. Anyone able to give me some insight into the problem?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Do your locals show up in two places in your Dish guide? I had to go through the process of resetting all my shows on my machine after the local change happened using my second set of locals that showed up higher than double digits.

Hope this helps...

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. I have my locals in three places - below 100, sporadically in the 800s and lined up all together in the 900s. I am able to change to the 800 and 900 channels. I'll just edit out the low channels and the 800 channels and use the 900s. Thanks! Now I have to reset all my scheduled recordings, but at least I won't be missing all my shows.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
No sweat. I just about had a fit when it first happened. I was out of town and missed almost all the shows my wife and I record.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xphilegirl
I'll just edit out the low channels and the 800 channels and use the 900s.
The newest software in the DishNetwork receivers remaps the local channels to their actual over the air channel numbers. The ReplayTV guide was updated to reflect that change. If for some reason your receiver isn't remapping to the OTA channel numbers, then the ReplayTV box wouldn't be able to tune to those lower channel numbers. Using your DishNetwork receiver remote, can you actually tune to those lower channel numbers? Just a thought.

-Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem. When I called ReplayTV they had me wipe out my channel guide. We did this twice to make sure every thing was gone. Set my network to Dish Local. Then downloaded the guide and I had my local channels on their proper locations. 2, 3, 6 ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.