AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been reading these forums for years and learned a lot from you incredibly knowledgable people, I would like to ask for some assistance please.

I've been using HCFR for years with an I1D3 to calibrate my HDTVs and recently picked up an i1 Pro 2 (from ebay - maybe my first mistake) so I would be able to profile the i1D3 from it. The problem I have is that I cannot get HCFR to recognise the i1 Pro. It was bought as an OEM version of the i1 Pro Basic 2 kit, but bizarrely it will work with i1 profiler - which I thought wasn't possible for OEM meters - and the x-rite drivers. HCFR will not recognise the meter with the x-rite drivers installed. Using the Argyll drivers however, following the described method of removing the x-rite driver and pointing towards the HCFR/Calibration/Drivers folder for the Argyll driver, HCFR will then show the meter but upon choosing it as an option in setup and clicking 'finish' it brings up the error - EEProm key table is too big or small - and I have no idea what that means or how to solve it.

Would anyone be able to provide any information to help me get the meter usable in HCFR please?

My setup is - Windows 7 64 bit, X-Rite i1 Pro Rev E part no: EO2-XR-UF

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
397 Posts
You might want to post this question over on the ArgyllCMS site.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Try turning off the X-Rite Device Manager Services if you're using Windows. It can interfere with 3rd-party programs' - CalMAN for instance - use of the meter. I don't know for sure if it messes with the Argyll driver, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The problem I have is that I cannot get HCFR to recognise the i1 Pro. It was bought as an OEM version of the i1 Pro Basic 2 kit,
Sounds like you have an OEM i1pro2 - the i1pro Rev D replacement. So it's missing a bunch of features of the normal i1pro2.

The problem with HCFR is that the Argyll driver code hasn't been updated recently, which would fix your problem. If all you want to do is create a calibration matrix for your i1d3, then you could use DisplayCAL or ArgyllCMS and copy the .ccxx file across to HCFR.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Matt try to disable unsign driver enforcement on your pc and once your device is allowed, in the property choose to find the device driver manually and find the HCFR folder (argylldrivers) in program files and load that up...Then HCFR should see your i1 pro2...I had to do this for my colormunki photo to be seen...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses! I've given most of these a go and no joy. I can get HCFR to recognise the pro but it just throws out that EEProm error every time.

I will have a go at creating the .ccxx file in DisplayCAL with the pro and see what happens, hopefully it's recognised through there. Thank you again for your time :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Thanks for the responses! I've given most of these a go and no joy. I can get HCFR to recognise the pro but it just throws out that EEProm error every time.
Yep - the only fix for HCFR is to hassle zoyd to update the drivers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like you have an OEM i1pro2 - the i1pro Rev D replacement. So it's missing a bunch of features of the normal i1pro2.

The problem with HCFR is that the Argyll driver code hasn't been updated recently, which would fix your problem. If all you want to do is create a calibration matrix for your i1d3, then you could use DisplayCAL or ArgyllCMS and copy the .ccxx file across to HCFR.
Follow up on this topic, where I have to put this file? I was not able to successfuly load the matrix calibration from DisplayCal, maybe you can help me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts