AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for Blockbuster Online after getting my 360 HD-DVD add-on for Christmas. After initially receiving a few HD titles, for the past several weeks, SD titles have jumped from the bottom of my cue overtaking higher ranked HD choices. As a result, I have not gotten a new HD titles in two weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect that all of the 360 add-ons have created a bit of a supply issue with Blockbuster.

·
Registered
377 Posts
All I have in my q is HD. For some reason they just shipped Charlie and the Choc Fac instead of Bourne Conspiracy which was #1 in my list and was available, but otherwise it's worked great.

I'm on the cheapie $9.99 plan.

·
Registered
580 Posts
With Netflix and Blockbuster, I think the best way to get the movies you really want (namely HD-DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and new release DVDs) is to remove the movies you are not really interested in from your queue. Print out your queue for reference if you'd like, and trim your queue to a bare minimum. You'll possibly get a few less movies a month, but you'll get a lot more of what you really want to watch.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD /forum/post/0

With Netflix and Blockbuster, I think the best way to get the movies you really want (namely HD-DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and new release DVDs) is to remove the movies you are not really interested in from your queue. Print out your queue for reference if you'd like, and trim your queue to a bare minimum. You'll possibly get a few less movies a month, but you'll get a lot more of what you really want to watch.

That is precisely want I did. I learned early on to trim down my queue because it seemed like both services would arbitrarily choose which film to send even though the top of my queue was packed with HD-DVD movies. The first four movies I got when I signed up for NF were SD-DVD.

After I got an HD-DVD player, I joined both at the same time so I could gauge which was best for me. It turns out both worked well. NF had a slightly faster turnaround presumably because I live near a distribution center but I was happy with both services.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Netflix seems to ship available HD movies to me and in order. I don't know if it's because I've been a customer for nearly 7 years. In my 1+ month old BB account, I only put HD movies in the queue. Even though I see available titles, sometimes it takes an extra day or TWO before they ship a movie and it isn't always in the order I want. Really annoying and I will probably cancel my BB account next month. I've also had 2 movies take a week to arrive...in the meantime I reported the missing movie and then I got the movie the next day or so. I don't know how BB can continue to do business this way.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I havent had a problem getting HD-DVD's through blockbuster online at all. I only have HD-DVD's in my queue though - if you mix them perhaps the SD-DVD's will take priority. My local blockbuster doesnt' have any HD-DVD's or (BD) at all so i use my coupons for SD Only.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapex5 /forum/post/0

I havent had a problem getting HD-DVD's through blockbuster online at all. I only have HD-DVD's in my queue though - if you mix them perhaps the SD-DVD's will take priority. My local blockbuster doesnt' have any HD-DVD's or (BD) at all so i use my coupons for SD Only.

Me too. I use my instore exchange for renting SD disc not available on HD-DVD. All I have in my queue is HD-DVD. The only reason I went back to online rental.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyMeister /forum/post/0

BB doesn't seemto have The Hulk in HD... I can't find it.

And they need to improve their GUI...IT's SLOWWWWWWWWW

agreed. and it's not accurate either. there have been a number of instances where i've rearranged movies in my q, only to go back and find them put back again later...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Guess I'm lucky as I have had no problem renting a few HD-DVDs from Blockbuster.
Sometimes it might arrive in just 2 days, other times might take 3...but still a great deal especially with being able to return them to your local store and get a free rental. This will really be GREAT when they start carrying HD-DVDs locally.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Queue order and size has nothing to do with it. BB will simply not have the same thousand of copies of a rarely rented HD DVD as they would a SD DVD. So, because of the fewer number of HD DVD copies per movie, you must wait longer for availability.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I returned some movies over the weekend, and got the replacements shipped to me yesterday (Tuesday), the day after MLK Jr holiday. The website says they shipped the movies on the holiday?

I do realize one problem with the new total access program. I have way way too many movies to watch. It reminds me of the unlimited in store rental program they had a couple years back. I was watching 2 movies a day for around 4 months before finishing everything in the store that I could possible want to see.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD /forum/post/0

I returned some movies over the weekend, and got the replacements shipped to me yesterday (Tuesday), the day after MLK Jr holiday. The website says they shipped the movies on the holiday?

I do realize one problem with the new total access program. I have way way too many movies to watch. It reminds me of the unlimited in store rental program they had a couple years back. I was watching 2 movies a day for around 4 months before finishing everything in the store that I could possible want to see.

Holy hell, were you unemployed during this period of time??? I can barely squeeze in 1 movie every 2 days, I have way too many things to do.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 45 movies currently in my Blockbuster queue, of these 37 are HD-DVD's and all but a few show available. I've moved HD versions to the top of my queue and generally don't have a problem getting them. I'm signed up on the 3 out at a time plan and average 3 movies a week. I ship back movies on Monday and generally have three more by Thursday for the week-end. I'm very happy with Blockbuster.

·
Registered
208 Posts
271 movies in my Que, top 50 are HD titles and I have had no trouble getting them in the order I chose (if availiable).

My only problem is that all the new (good) titles have had a "very long wait" on them for the past couple weeks. So get more copies Blockbuster!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Most of the HD DVDs and Blu Rays in my queue are listed as "short wait" and I usually have to wait 3-4 days for them to ship movies after my instore return.

Oh well, I still get about 6 High Def movies a week from queue and instore coupons and I doubt I really have time to watch anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.