AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night all the shows that I had set to record did not record. When I tried to manually start a record using the rec button I was told "unable to initiate record". A reboot fixed this problem. The unit has about 17 hours of space available as verified by the pause time.

What has me worried is that the same thing happened to me a couple of months agoand the problem became so prevelant that I never new if something would record or not. A reboot (hard or soft) would fix the problem, but some times for just the next record other times for a couple a days. I finally a Sonic Blues suggestion reset the system (losing a lot of recorded shows in the process). It has worked fine since then until last night and now I am afraid it is starting again.

The unit is a 4508, it is the 4th replay I have owned. I have been a replay user since the early beta test period. This is the first unit I have had this problem with. A couple of months ago several people were having similar problems, has anybody fixed this problem or have any additional sugesstions. So far I have been unable to contact tech support.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Pause time is not a reliable indicator for available space since it "borrows" time from guaranteed recordings not yet made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.