AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series, on Blu Ray. I normally rip my blu rays with Another Eac3to Gui. But I got this error message: "This video conversion is not supported. " So I used MakeMKV instead. MakeMKV is able to make a 1080i 29.97fps vc-1 mkv, but I am unable to play it in mpc-hc. If I use VLC, I can get the audio to play, but still no video.

I have mpc-hc configured following Greeneyez' instructions in the sticky thread above. I have an ati 5870 graphics card and I'm using hdmi out to bitstream audio to my Denon 3808ci reciever. I'm using Windows 7 64bit, Windows Media Center, and Media Browser to launch mpc-hc.

I'm assuming I'm having trouble playing the mkv because of the weird and rare set of formats involved: 1080i, vc-1, and 29.97fps. Is there any way I can get this to play in mpc-hc? Or do I need to trans-code this into h264, or 23.976fps, or 1080p? If so, what's the easiest way to trans-code?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.