AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to get both of my Replays (RTV2020 & RTV5040) to tune in channels 236 to 248 on my RCA DRD430RG DirecTV Tuners using IRBlaster.

I can tune the receivers manually. Kinda defeats the purpose..

Anyone have this prob before?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Can you be a little more specific? Do you get the "no signal detected" message or perhaps it is tuning another channel or maybe nothing is happening at all?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I guess that would help..

I always get the last number. So if I tune to 244, it changes to channel 4

But if I tune to channel 249, I get 249.

I can select the channels thru the channel guide, or manually enter the numbers. either way I only get the last number.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That sounds strange. Have you tweaked your IR blaster settings? Did this work before and suddenly stop working?

This doesn't make much sense, but perhaps the firmware on the receiver changed to the point where the receiver is changing channels too fast. For example, say the IR Blaster is set to 1 sec between sending numbers. Say the receiver changes the channel 1.5 seconds after the first number is sent. Basically, the receiver would change to channel 24 and then 4 instead of going to 244. Not sure why this would only be on certain channels though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I seem to be having the same problem with channels in the 240 - 249 range on my RTV 4508. I frequently get channel 24 instead. If I move the blaster slightly it seems to work for a while and then I get a recorded show on channel 24 instead of the show I wanted

How do you adjust timing of the IR blaster?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if it's worked before or not..

I have tweaked the ir blaster settings & I have also played with IRBlaster placement.

What bothers me is it's hapening on 2 different Replays.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I had this happening to me on different channels when my channel lineup changed and the channel guide didn't know about it. Once the channel guide knew about the new lineup, everything was fine.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.