AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read at pennyarcade.com that on September 15th they're releasing a demo disk for Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox, which has been revamped with Splinter Cell graphics and the producer swears runs at 720p (don't hold your breath for an f-ing second), which is enough for the 10 dollar price tag alone but it'll also include TWO NEW levels for Splinter Cell (as well at the third previously available one) and FOUR NEW levels for Ghost Recon Island Thunder (are these four of the five they promised as downloads or more???)

I never thought I'd be such a Clancy fan but the prospect of this much gaming goodness has left me bereft of any sarcastic or inflamatory comments. That should give a good perspective.

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
So how would I get my hands on this demo disc?

I downloaded the Rainbow Six 3 demo for the PC. It plays in 720p and looks gorgeous, but I must admit the gameplay is baffling. However, I am not a Mensa Scholar.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I read in stored Tue with 4 GR:IT maps as well. Truly a deal at $10

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
It's only bankable on good games. I don't want developers to think they can release some crap game in HD and think people will buy it. But, on a great game, HD is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by billharris4
Hopefully developers will figure out at some point that it's a bankable feature.
Hopefully developers will figure out at some point HOW TO DO IT!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dschroll
It's only bankable on good games. I don't want developers to think they can release some crap game in HD and think people will buy it.
That's an excellent point.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by billharris4
I'd pick the full game up just because of the 720p support. Hopefully developers will figure out at some point that it's a bankable feature.
There is no such thinga s a bad Rainbow 6 game. Excellent atmosphere and gameplay is all but guranteed.

I have not read anything about 720P support, and no movies show even WS support. Sadly UBI seems to think everyone has itty bitty TVs!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
From GameSpy...

Quote:
New Splinter Cell Levels for Xbox

Aramo | 6:59 | Console

New levels for the Xbox version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell that were thought be exclusive to a disc shipping with pre-orders of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 6 will actually become available via Xbox Live as well. Consequently the exclusive content on the aforementioned disc comprises only the four Ghost Recond: Island Thunder missions: Aurora, Riverbed, Roadbloack and Tank. More info coming soon.

Wow, am I really glad that I ordered this disc for the 'exclusive' Splinter Cell levels. :mad:

BTW, checked the status of my order and it's now due to ship the 18th. I imagine on the 18th, it will be the 20th, .....

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I read postponed indeffinitely last night! Real bummer. I'n not sure why they keep waiting till the day its supposed to actually ship to delay it. (15th and maybe yesterday)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do I have to preorder R63 from specific vendors (i.e. UbiSoft or Ebgames) to get the companion disk or will the disk come prepackaged with R63 regardless of where it is purchased? Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.