1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, Aug. 5, 2005 11:36 a.m. EDT
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...5/114823.shtml

Uncut Magazine: Dylan Song 'Changed the World'

Uncut magazine took a poll of entertainment stars - such as Paul McCartney, Robert Downey Jr., Keith Richards, Lou Reed, Edward Norton and Brian Wilson - to find out what they thought were the 100 songs, movies, TV shows and books that "changed the world."

Bob Dylan's song "Like a Rolling Stone" was voted the most world-changing of those artistic creations.

"I absolutely remember where I was when I first heard it. It got me through adolescence," rocker Patti Smith told the magazine.

Elvis' "Heartbreak Hotel" came in second, "She Loves You" by the Beatles came in third.

The top 10 that "changed the world" are:

1. Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

2. Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley

3. She Loves You - The Beatles

4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones

5. A Clockwork Orange

6. The Godfather and The Godfather II

7. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie

8. Taxi Driver

9. Never Mind The Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols - Sex Pistols

10. The Prisoner

Uncut editor Allan Jones said: "This list has been a massive undertaking and considering which films have had a greater cultural impact than Bowie, for example, has fuelled many discussions.

"What we have been left with is Dylan as the most seminal artistic statement of the last five decades - but I'm sure others will disagree."

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Interesting list, reflects the age of the polled. Apparently nothing happened after the 70's according to this top 10 (insert witticism here). Funny stuff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
After reading that list of people who participated and the list of who they chose theres only one thing to say. These people are on drugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.