AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to get a camcorder to use for reviewing products on my website. Budget is small: Ideally $150 or less. For this reason I'm looking at the flip UltraHD, although it doesn't seem to do well in low light and has no image stabilization at all.

Are there any other alternatives or should I just go with the flip?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Yep,,, my vote as well for the Sanyo CG10,, great little camcorder, and I like it more than my Flip Ultra HD.

$149.00 at Radio Shack or on Amazon.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
69 Posts
I own the Kodak Zi8. One of the best features is an external microphone jack. So if high quality sound is just as important as the video then you should consider the Kodak. The best reviews use an external microphone. The Sanyo has a nice zoom lens. However because of that the focus has to hunt and according to CNET it is slow. I actually prefer no zoom because I can't stand it when all of a sudden the focus blurs as the camera hunts for a spot to lock on to. I used to own a Canon camcorder that did that and it was irritating. I also like the 720P 60 frames option on the Kodak.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfmeister /forum/post/18236235

I own the Kodak Zi8. One of the best features is an external microphone jack. So if high quality sound is just as important as the video then you should consider the Kodak. The best reviews use an external microphone. The Sanyo has a nice zoom lens. However because of that the focus has to hunt and according to CNET it is slow. I actually prefer no zoom because I can't stand it when all of a sudden the focus blurs as the camera hunts for a spot to lock on to. I used to own a Canon camcorder that did that and it was irritating. I also like the 720P 60 frames option on the Kodak.

The focus hunt on the Sanyo depends on the the focus setting you select on the camera,, Marco vs non-Macro settings or the Spot focus setting.

As far as the CNET review, it has been my experience that anytime CNET gives a bad review to a product its usually a good product.

I have no idea what CNET is doing but there reviews are most of the time wrong,, as proof, look at user reviews on CNET,,, many of them will start out with the user saying "I have no idea what product CNET was reviewing, but it sure aint the product I have in my hand right now".

I find the best place for reviews "from users and owners or a product" is here of course,,, Best Buys website, and on Amazon.com .

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts