AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Spanish HD DVD of one of my fave action movies. I took some pics in case you want some samples. Why it hasn't had a US or UK release is beyond me. But the UK release of Under Siege 2 was HEAVILY cut but the BBFC back in 1995, so I'd hate to see THAT version get a release.

I wasn't sitting straight on when the pics were taken btw. Forgive my unsteady hand also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having owned the R1 SD DVD for 9 years (!!!) I was looking forward to this HD version as I was beginning to notice how ****** the original picture looked. I thought it was great at first but not that hi-def has spoiled me a lot of my old SD DVDs are beginning to look bad.

This HD DVD has brighter, bolder colors, loads more detail and hardly any EE whatsover. Grain is apparent in some scenes but it's never intrusive.

The DD+ sound is also loud and spacious and Basil Poledouris' great score comes through brilliantly.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Me thinks I may have to order this one. My explaination to the wife: "Hey, it has that chick from Grey's Anatomy in it though!"

·
Registered
375 Posts
Awesome, I'm gonna have to order that one too. I love this movie. "Chance favors the prepared mind"

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Why the ^%$* isn't it out over here? Universal waiting for something? I have to admit - I liked the second one better than the first, though I liked the first well enough. Didn't realize it was Heigl as the niece! Loved the over the top work of Bogosian and Everett McGill...

Did you see the body?

MEC2

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 /forum/post/12931521

Did you see the body?

MEC2

"Assumption is the mother of all ****ups."

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 /forum/post/12931521

Why the ^%$* isn't it out over here? Universal waiting for something?

Universal wouldn't be releasing it. It's a WB title so importing it would be the only way to get it on HD-DVD no matter what.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Fun, awful movie.

The laserdisc was one of the top 10 rotters of all time...of course manufactured at DADC USA. It would be cool to have on HD DVD. Maybe Xploited Cinema will get it?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF /forum/post/12932128

Universal wouldn't be releasing it. It's a WB title so importing it would be the only way to get it on HD-DVD no matter what.

EFFFFFFFF!!!!!! First WB movie I have wanted it looks like I am not going to get... hope the SD is at least anamorphic...

MEC2

·
Registered
372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawn /forum/post/12932222

Fun, awful movie.

The laserdisc was one of the top 10 rotters of all time...of course manufactured at DADC USA. It would be cool to have on HD DVD. Maybe Xploited Cinema will get it?

Just contacted Tony at Xploited about it. He said the Spanish version has been delayed but he can get the Italian or Dutch release (both have english soundtracks). I ordered the Italian release (cost less). He said it would take about a week to get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts