AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what size hardline i need to run for charter hdtv and broadband, i am 3500 feet from the closest pole with a connection. Charter wants 10,000, i have the trenching machine i just need the cable size any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Actually, 3 bucks a foot installed is quite a bargain. I doubt you could buy the wire for that price let alone a Line Extender Amplifier. If you used .875 cable you'd probably get away with only one Line Extender, but much higher cable cost. The other commonly used size is .625 and at 3500 feet would likely need 2 actives. At that distance the 'Slope' (difference in loss due to frequency) will kill you. Also, if they build it they'll maintain it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, olyteddy for the help, they said that since we are building 2 more houses they would drop the price down to 5,000 if we agreed to have service for 3 years, since SAT and any other provider is not a option, i quess this is my only option. thanks again

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
You're very welcome. I know of what I speak, I have 20+ years in cable construction and sweep. At $5K their ROI is pretty long but if they get three customers out of it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts