AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up Monster House and Underworld Evolution today at BB, but I haven't opened them because I just know that if I do, Sony will announce an EE to Evolution. Do you guys think there will be one, or since it has been 7 months since they released the movie, they don't have plans to do an EE?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain /forum/post/0

I picked up Monster House and Underworld Evolution today at BB, but I haven't opened them because I just know that if I do, Sony will announce an EE to Evolution. Do you guys think there will be one, or since it has been 7 months since they released the movie, they don't have plans to do an EE?

They are probably planning a Super-blu-bit-ray version.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How long did it take for the EE version of the original to come out? I remember it was a while. You probably wont see an EE version of Evolution until closer to the theater release date of the 3rd movie (if there will be one).

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
I think the theatrical version is fun enough on it's own.

I find it at least a little bit ironic that most people crave the revised version of every film except Star Wars. Most of the time things cut out of the film which are often available on the original as deleted scenes get added back in and since they don't bother to have it re-rated it becomes the extended unrated cut and it's considered to all of a sudden be superior. Nevermind that every effort to make the best film was originally the goal with the theatrical version.

-Brian

·
Registered
223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

Nevermind that every effort to make the best film was originally the goal with the theatrical version.

I agree, but remember that most studios put pressure to keep the thearetical versions to 90-120 mins, and sometimes this results in a few plot holes or uncomfortable story jumps. I don't mind long movies if I'm watching it at home on the comfort of my own couch.

enjoy

gandalf

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavner /forum/post/0

How long did it take for the EE version of the original to come out? I remember it was a while. You probably wont see an EE version of Evolution until closer to the theater release date of the 3rd movie (if there will be one).

Actually, the TV hit DVD in Jan 2004, and the EE hit DVD on May 4th 2004. I remember it because it came out the same day as Samurai Jack Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

I think the theatrical version is fun enough on it's own.

I find it at least a little bit ironic that most people crave the revised version of every film except Star Wars. Most of the time things cut out of the film which are often available on the original as deleted scenes get added back in and since they don't bother to have it re-rated it becomes the extended unrated cut and it's considered to all of a sudden be superior. Nevermind that every effort to make the best film was originally the goal with the theatrical version.

-Brian

Except for me. I think the 2004 version of Star Wars 4-6 is so much better than the original as it fits better with the prequels.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:

Actually, the TV hit DVD in Jan 2004, and the EE hit DVD on May 4th 2004. I remember it because it came out the same day as Samurai Jack Season 1.

Except for me. I think the 2004 version of Star Wars 4-6 is so much better than the original as it fits better with the prequels.

To me, it's a choice between, do I want young Anakin skywalker or old Anakin Skywalker at the end vs. Jabba the Hut's 2004 New Hope meeting with Han Solo. Jabba in the 97" films looked like crap. I'd have to go with the 2004 editions as the definitive Star Wars. A lot of things were improved for the better. And like I said, my only complaints is Hayden Christensen in Ep6.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I thought Hayden was a vast improvement over AotC. His acting was a lot better. I don't really pay attention to the acting skills in the SW movies though, as I've never found them to be great. Carrie and Mark were terrible in the old ones as well, so I just think of it that the Skywalkers are destined to have bad actors. Mark may have been great as Joker in DCAU, but that doesn't mean he wasn't terrible as Luke.

I do agree, I to want Underworld on BR, but only the EE. Thing is, I just have this feeling I'm going to open Evolution, and then Sony is going to announce an EE box set of the two movies.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:

I do agree, I to want Underworld on BR, but only the EE. Thing is, I just have this feeling I'm going to open Evolution, and then Sony is going to announce an EE box set of the two movies.

Of course Sony will, but in the meantime open Evolution...you know you want to.

·
Registered
371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

If I were in charge of Sony BD releases, I would have this set up to coincide with Underworld 3 when it hits theaters.

Well you'd be waiting a long time since 3 doesn't even have a finalized script yet if i'm remembering right
. 3 is supposed to be a prequel revolving around Marcus, Amelia, and Victor and as of late last year Kate didn't even know if she'd be in the movie (she'd be in the end if at all). That's saying alot since she's married to the director and all.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael000 /forum/post/0

Well you'd be waiting a long time since 3 doesn't even have a finalized script yet if i'm remembering right
. 3 is supposed to be a prequel revolving around Marcus, Amelia, and Victor and as of late last year Kate didn't even know if she'd be in the movie (she'd be in the end if at all). That's saying alot since she's married to the director and all.

Didn't they get divorced last year?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought she was married to Stephen Sommers, NOT the guy who ddi Underworld. Who cares though, that is their own private life.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
I thought she was previously with Scott Speedman...the guy that played the "hybrid."

Either way, whoever she is with now, I hate his f*cking guts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.