AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to move my SONY CRT to a family room and replace it with one of the Panasonic 50" Plasmas. Currently the SONY sits on a stand.

Where the Panasonic is going is basically an inset in the wall. What I did when the house was constructed was not install the fireplace and instead finished the area (drywall and paint) so I could put a TV there and not have it in the floor.

I did have the floor raised some so it is built up about 18" off the floor level and my current stand sits on the raised floor. Overhead is open to the ceiling.

I would like to get one of the Monoprice mounts recommended on here but was wondering what is the longest extension on a wall mount? The depth of this inset is approx. 36" so the screen would need to come out a fair piece. Currently its not an issue as the SONY sits on a stand pulled to the front.

I don't have it pre-wired so I would have to use some conduit or something to run the wires to the mount/screen.

Would this work or would I be better off getting one of the stands that have the built in raised neck in the back for flat screens?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
are you handy and can you build a frame. see the pics, i had the same situation so had to build a frame to extend the mount (Onmi U3T) 48" form the corner

can you post a pic of your layout? it will help in providing specific suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike62 /forum/post/16942231

I am going to move my SONY CRT to a family room and replace it with one of the Panasonic 50" Plasmas. Currently the SONY sits on a stand.

Where the Panasonic is going is basically an inset in the wall. What I did when the house was constructed was not install the fireplace and instead finished the area (drywall and paint) so I could put a TV there and not have it in the floor.

I did have the floor raised some so it is built up about 18" off the floor level and my current stand sits on the raised floor. Overhead is open to the ceiling.

I would like to get one of the Monoprice mounts recommended on here but was wondering what is the longest extension on a wall mount? The depth of this inset is approx. 36" so the screen would need to come out a fair piece. Currently its not an issue as the SONY sits on a stand pulled to the front.

I don't have it pre-wired so I would have to use some conduit or something to run the wires to the mount/screen.

Would this work or would I be better off getting one of the stands that have the built in raised neck in the back for flat screens?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts