AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have difficulty locating this stuff?? I've searched two Home Depots and a Lowes without any luck. What section of the store should I be looking? The staff was of no help.

Dan

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
UNISTRUT is also known as SUPERSTRUT and in on the east coast as KINDORF. I used to use KINDORF as an air conditioning helper when I graduated from H.S. In New York.

When I moved here to Arizona, they called it UNISTRUT and I said it was KINDORF. They never heard that term before here :)

So try asking for these other names they may thne know what your asking for.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I used something like unistrut...

its used for installing Garage doors,holds the rails in place...

Home Depot has it.

ts

·
Registered
711 Posts
The brand that Home Depot and Lowes (at least in MI) carry is "Superstrut". It is in the electrical department, near the conduit. Most electrical wholesalers can supply this material also.

When I looked for it in Lowes, the building material folks had no idea if they even carried it (even though all their doors and light fixtures where suspended with the stuff).

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had the same problem locating it here in PA. Found out almost all electrical supply houses carry it. Look in your phone book for the closes one and start calling. I got it from the first I called, right down the street.

John

·
Registered
249 Posts
I purchased mine from a building supply dealer. Home depot didn't have it. They didn't know what I was talking about until I pointed to the unistrut that was supporting the large fans and hanging metal halide light fixtures overhead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.