AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a UM 1000A and need help setting it up to get something off Sat. Is there anything I can receive off sat still? If so can someone walk me through setting it up. How do I find the frequencys etc.

I have a TN61X81 TV and 4DTV receiver C and KU band LNB

Thanks

email = [email protected]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive read everything in the Delphi fourms, but I still cant get PBS and few answer questions there. I can get NBC. Is PBS still broadcasting on K3 /Ku, Frequency is 12128, Horizontal SR is 14025?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have always had difficulty locking PBS-HD. I have no problems on other birds so I can only assume that I need to tune up my dish. Alas, I have PBS-HD locally from WTVS Detroit (a very good affiliate I might add) and have not had motivation to do so :) Try peeking your dish. I have locked it before, but it was at night so you might start there (atmospheric conditions are better). Also, I always peek to the non-HD PBS channels first, then I try to look at the HD channel.

Good luck!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I wrote this I went outside and peaked the dish for NBC, I got a few points out of it from 54 to 60 and that got a clean NBC, So I went to K3 and there was PBS. Its been 10 years since I installed it. I should do a complete alignment, but I get them now. I watched the Horse race on NBC and a couple hours of PBS and WOW what a difference. I have C band and Direct TV. Direct TV is S-hit compared to even C band and HDTV is like looking out a window. Next chore is to get a VERY good UHF antenna and TALL pole and rotor and start scanning for any HDTV signals. I might be able to get Pensacola and Mobil and Tallahassee.

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Several will be on VHF. WALA-DT ch 9, WTWC-DT ch 2, WJHG ch 8,

WPGX ch 9. You may have better luck with Panama City than

Tallahassee.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If all you are getting from the UM currently is NBC and PBS, send me a PM and I'll forward you some info.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.