AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a harmony remote (don't remember the number - the one with the changeable faceplates)

I've been slow in setting this up with my theater room, partly because I didn't want a universal remote that could easily, without warning, turn off my projector with a simple button press. I much prefer using the panasonic remote with the OK/Cancel selection.

I did setup my remote this weekend, and tested it when I was completely done watching the projector and sure enough, it turned the projector off without prompting me. I'm going to have to fix this.

I'll probably manually program the buttons I need and tell the harmony I have a TV just to give the activity buttons 'something to do'.

What do you all do with your harmony remotes regarding your projectors. I don't want anyone coming in my room and turning the projector on/off with that much ease, and I figured this was probably a common issue with most projector owners.

·
Registered
670 Posts
my harmony will turn off my Z3, only because i manually programmed it to hit off twice, before it would not turn off my PJ, unfortunately the harmony will not allow you to hit off twice, once you hit off it does its thing and thats it, no real way to get around it with the projectors. Basically, be more careful with the remote!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have been using a Harmony 768 for more than 3 years and have never had a "projector accidentally off" problem. The projector is turned off when I change to an activity that doesn't use it and also when I turn off the entire system, and this takes two button presses.

If you want to be absolutely sure, just set your Harmony up so the projector is "always on."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.