AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
22,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new laptop as the old one died and can't get software off it (data was backed up). Now I find that Universal Remote Control no longer has the software for MX-3000 available for download from its website.

Can someone with the software PM me and I'll give you my e-mail and send it to me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The above link doesn't work.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just tried it and it works fine.

·
Registered
804 Posts
make sure you hit the free on the bottom of the page

·
Registered
22,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woops. My Bad.

·
Registered
22,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this the same install file that Universal will give you upon proof of ownership of a MX-3000 with a valid serial #. Or is this a later more current file available only to authorized dealers/custom installers? (I finally obtained the former, but not the latter.)

·
Registered
804 Posts
It is the install file that Universal will give you upon proof of ownership of a MX-3000 with a valid serial #.

It looked like from your post you didnt have either. I just bought mine today and I recalled seeing this post a while back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After I clicked the "free" at the bottom of the first link, what is the link to click on the next page, that is actually free for the download? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the link.... unfortunately this is an old version...

I own a mx3000 and a mx950... regularly purchased at an authorized dealer... major A/V retailer... with stores all over the country...

URC will not update the software for its customers... and forces them to go through their dealers for updates.... BUT... dealers will not give me the software or update my software not to breach their agreement with URC.

Conclusion: if you are a customer who wants to program its URC remotes, you are basically F....D.

This is the worst ever customer policy I have ever seen... the type that will drive company out of business for pure disregard of elementary customer service rules.

Who decently is going to drop $1000 to get a remote that they can not program? Worse, who will have to pay for programming services each time they want to add/remove a component in their system?

this is just insane...

I would be very cautious before advocating anyone to buy URC product... under these circumstances.

If you have a different experience with URC, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
you have to do A LOT of research. I bought my MX-300 from ebay at first. After seeing the issues with non-authorized, I returned it un-opened.

I bought the next from an authorized "big-box" store. They would not give me the software even though they could. So I returned it un-opened.

Then I called around and FINALLY found a store that would sell me the remote and provide the correct software. So now I am a very very happy MX-3000 owner.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Can you post the new version for us please.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i used the update function in the software and it said it is the most revent

mine is 1.20.154

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfree /forum/post/0

you have to do A LOT of research. I bought my MX-300 from ebay at first. After seeing the issues with non-authorized, I returned it un-opened.

I bought the next from an authorized "big-box" store. They would not give me the software even though they could. So I returned it un-opened.

Then I called around and FINALLY found a store that would sell me the remote and provide the correct software. So now I am a very very happy MX-3000 owner.

Can you share the name of the store you bought it from? If not, can you PM me with it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with gege. I bought one from Tweeters and they never told me I had to pay them a service charge to come and program my remote each time I add a component, until after they had finished the entire install. The guy wouldn't even tell me what the software was called. He said only dealers were allowed to have it.

They also did a totally bad job on the install. Rookie mistakes like installing the first satellite speaker without checking to see if the other one will fit in the same spot. Now they are not evenly spaced.

I would not recommend these guys to my worst enemy. I thought they would be better than that.

What good is it to have a programmable remote if you can't get the software to program it. If Complete Control wants to stay in control of their future, they better learn to give their buyers control of their remote.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The software for any of their remotes is available here . No, it's not the updateable software, but they are updating it once a year or so and did so a few months ago. Other than missing the "Live Update" feature, it's exactly the same as the updateable software. While I don't agree with the decision to limit distribution of the updateable software, it's not as big an issue as you might think. Most new components use the same codes as the previous year's model, especially discretes, so the worst case most of the time is that you have to learn a few of the commands.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i downloaded and got software running but it will not recognize the mx 3000 when i plug into pc im using vista. anyone run into this

1 - 20 of 55 Posts