AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Universal Remote MX 980 and the MRF 350 - they control the following:

JVC RS10 projector, DirecTV HD receiver, Oppo BD 83, Roku box for Netflix, Denon 3808 Receiver and the lights.

My HT installer sold me this Remote and did the installation...

the last couple of days the Universal Remote has been kind of acting funny - the day before yesterday - it just stopped controlling the ROKU box...I used the ROKU remote to change and then after abt 30 mins, I tried the MX 980 again and it worked fine. Last night I was switching OFF everything (my HT installer programmed it to switch all the components off when I hit the OFF button) - when I hit the OFF button - it just switched off the Projector but the Denon Receiver and the Directv Satellite Receiver were left on. I waited for a few minutes and hit the ON button - the projector came back on...again after a few minutes I hit the OFF button...this time it powered off the receiver and the Denon but left the Projector on. I once again hit the OFF button - and this time around it switched the Projector off

Can someone explain to me what is going on...is this a programming fault or something else...

(This practically a new device/install - approx 3 weeks old)

Would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks!

Max

·
Registered
238 Posts
the first thing you should do is call the

installer and describe the problem to him to see if he has a solution for you.

It could be an interference issue with the RF350. I have the 980, it is one

awesome remote. The programming flexibility of it is amazing. i love it. I will be picking up the RF350 soon too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replies....No I have not added anything new...everything is as per original install....there is a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter and a Linksys EZXS55W EtherFast 10/100 5-Port Workgroup Switch which was part of the original install...I used these because I needed a hardwired internet connection to the Denon, Roku and Oppo...can anyone assist me or give me any tips to circumvent this problem...

Thanks again!

Max

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Your gaming adapter and switch should not cause a problem. Check the RFX-250 (the antenna that's connected to the MRF-350 base). The status light on the 250 should only come on when you send a signal from the remote. If you see that light on or flickering any other time, move the 250 to another location.

Also, if the status light is solidly lit when it's not supposed to be, pull the plug out of the 250, let it sit for a few seonds, then plug it back in and see if that helps.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mike...I think that is the problem...it is picking up a RF interference once in a while...I may have to end up moving the RFX 250 to another location...(as I read your post..I tried after 15 minutes of the Roku box playing Netflix..it just locked up on me...slightly moving the RFX 250..corrected it..wonder why this happens on and off..)

Thanks again for all the replies...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts