AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am moving to Belgium but wanted to see about buying a plasma here in the states because of the huge price difference.

Is there any models that offer 110/220 and pal/ntsc?

otherwise what is my choice? Buy a transformer for the power. Buy a universal DVD player like the Oppo. I found a video signal converter fro Pal to NTSC but the resolution was limited to 500, so high def would be out of the question...am I missing anything else?

Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, tranformers dont convert the cycles. Thats what I'm trying to figure out if there is a TV out there that can adjust. Even my 10 year old Lexicon will adjust for the cycles and power.

Cant get any info from the manufactures...they say buy it here, use it here.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jonaral,

I assume you got you TV in Belgium?

Right now I have Telnet cable and was going to upgrade to the digital service once I got the new TV. But the price differences in TV makes me consider buying it here in the states and shipping it over (my main shipment with all of my belongings have not shipped yet)

Do you know if I can get it to work?

(

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt /forum/post/0

Hi Jonaral,

I assume you got you TV in Belgium?(

Yes, I'm using Telenet Digital TV on an old Sony widescreen CRT (browsing this forum to look for info on upgrading to Pioneer Plasma).

The Telenet Digital TV has much better quality compared to the normal cable, but the setup-box is very slow to use and it uses SCART to connect to your TV (!!!!!!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt /forum/post/0

Right now I have Telnet cable and was going to upgrade to the digital service once I got the new TV. But the price differences in TV makes me consider buying it here in the states and shipping it over (my main shipment with all of my belongings have not shipped yet)

Do you know if I can get it to work?

(

Sorry, no idea!

If your TV supports 220v/50Hz and PAL it should work since you'll be using the Telenet Digital TV setup box as a tuner.

J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.