AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a cheap universal plasma stand that costs under $100? I'm looking at the commercial Nec, Sony, and panasonic plasmas and the stands are not cheap at all. I will be moving soon and I will want to wall mount at my new place, so I'm looking for a cheap way to set the TV on a table for the interim.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I can't help you directly for a stand, but if you are going to go low budget, you may seriously want to make sure whatever you purchase can withstand the weight. You'll be amazed at the load variations. In all likleyhood most stands for TV's and plasmas should hold the weight - but its good to check first.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo1287
Does anyone know of a cheap universal plasma stand that costs under $100? I'm looking at the commercial Nec, Sony, and panasonic plasmas and the stands are not cheap at all. I will be moving soon and I will want to wall mount at my new place, so I'm looking for a cheap way to set the TV on a table for the interim.
You mean some sort of aftermarket table stand that will work in place of the factory/optional table stand? If so then i'm sure there's no such thing. Maybe buy a used factory stand on EBay.

You could build something simple out of 1-5/8" deep Power Strut for the uprights and feet and a few L-brackets to tie them together for probaby $40. If you use the green stuff (not galvanized) you can paint it to match the plasma.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Take a trip to Ikea and look up their Magiker series. I have a 37" LCD on one and it's great. It was a little more than a $100 though (not much) but worth it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm thanks for the replies, I was just looking for the feet for the plasma though. I have a table to sit it on. Seems like someone would make a universal one that would attach to the wallmount holes or something.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
 Chief and Draper make Universal tabletop stands but they are well over $100.

If you ever decide to buy the Panny , you can get the TY-ST42PA20 Stand for around half of that price

(As you already know ;)). Can't help with the other Brands.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.