AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the chances of a wheel hitting the market that works on multiple systems? Do you think a company like Logitech could/would make a wheel that was PS3 and Xbox 360 compatible?

I just purchased the MS wireless wheel for the 360. I don't own a PS3 and currently have no plans to buy one. But I would still rate the possibility as moderate that I would acquire a PS3.

It would somewhat stink to have to buy another wheel just for the PS3 to play games like Gran Turismo. I just wonder if Logitech might kick out a single wheel for $150 that is high quality and would work with both systems. If so, I could sell my current MS wheel before opening it.

I am not sure how they would go about incorporating the wireless technology of both systems into one wheel. Would that be licensable? Would it be cost effective? Would they still be able to make a wheel comparable in quality to the MS wheel for a similar pricepoint?

Heck, if the Wii came out with some traditional driving games and could use a normal wheel, maybe I'd even like to use it on that system.

Perhaps the market of multi-console owners is too small to justify this kind of development.

Just a curiosity... any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I would certainly buy a wheel that worked with various consoles. PC as well. But, it's more money for the companies to release one for each platform.

That doesn't answer your question, as I don't really know the answer, but I am in the same boat. I want a wheel, but I don't want to have to buy one for the PC ( mine is getting old), another for the 360, and another for the ps3 if I get one. There is no way I can convince the woman I need 3

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't think there is any possibility whatsoever for the 360 wheel to work with the PS3---totally different wireless technology.

However, it looks like you will be able to use the wheel with your PC

The Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. ($19.99)
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802337
Quote:
Gamers can get the most out of current and future Xbox 360 wireless accessories with the new Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. By plugging the compact receiver into a USB 2.0 port on the PC, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel can be used

MS is pushing more and more toward hooking up PC games with the 360.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It probably won't happen since Microsoft made their USB interface proprietary which is why the current Logitech force feedback wheels are not compatible even though they work on the PC, Mac, PS2, and PS3 already. I probably won't ever own a force feedback wheel for the 360 unless someone decides to make a universal one and Microsoft allows it since they have to approve any USB devices unlike Sony.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.