AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm getting a bit confused by all the "editions" that are out there. I mean, there are Unlimited Editions - which is presumably a good thing. Then there are Limited Editions - which is also presumably a good thing. How can both Unlimited and Limited be good - and if they are, which is better?

Thanks for your thoughts on this important matter,

NNG

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The basic answer is that that all those names are just marketing gimmicks, there is no rule defining what a "Limited Edition" is, or an "Ultimate Edition" or anything else. It's a title by title decision that some marketing person or committee at a studio comes up with. Basically all you can do is look at what any particular edition of a movie you're interested in has on it and compare it to other versions of the same movie and pick the one that has the features YOU want. There have been cases where older DVD's of movies have features, such as DTS tracks, that are left off of later "Special Editions" of the same movie.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I think it's related to how things that are flammable and also things that are inflammable both behave exactly the same way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.